Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone travelled with Continental or Delta?

(10 Posts)
Jahan Fri 29-Aug-08 13:53:15

They are the cheapest for our trip to the States at the moment.
We'll be travelling with a toddler and a baby on a 13hr flight.

Are they good to fly with?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 29-Aug-08 14:41:28

Where are you flying to?. Do any UK based carriers fly there (they may give an all round better service to pax), also cheap is not always cheerful. Do you have to change planes to reach your destination?.

Have used Continental previously - their motto should be "Not quite the worst".

Jahan Fri 29-Aug-08 15:35:35

Thanks Attila.
We're flying to Texas.
I know cheap isn't always cheerful but the difference between those two and others is £600 shock

I just wanted to check on opinion before I spent what could be some serious spending money on the flight.

MKG Fri 29-Aug-08 15:41:42

I always fly continental and have never had anything but great service.

laraeo Fri 29-Aug-08 16:03:13

You might want to check about Continental's baby/toddler services. In the States, they're known more as a business person's airline. Depending on where in Texas you're going, you might want to check American Airlines since their hub's in Dallas.

SubRosa Fri 29-Aug-08 21:15:48

I have flown with Delta a few times, and they're v good. As Laraeo said, if you're going to Texas, it would be a good idea to look at American, as they fly out of Dallas.

thirtysomething Fri 29-Aug-08 21:18:39

have flown Continental Birmingham-Newark. Plane was very small (3 seats either side of an aisle) and constant queueing next to me for loos was very irritating but staff v. pleasant and food vastly superior to American Airlines!

thirtysomething Fri 29-Aug-08 21:18:55

have flown Continental Birmingham-Newark. Plane was very small (3 seats either side of an aisle) and constant queueing next to me for loos was very irritating but staff v. pleasant and food vastly superior to American Airlines!

suedonim Fri 29-Aug-08 22:41:54

I've used Continental a few times and found them fine, had no complaints. smile

MrsSprat Sun 31-Aug-08 04:06:45

Continental hub is in Houston, so if you're flying there it will be a bigger plane probably. They're fine, nothing out of the ordinary, but nothing to grumble about either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now