Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to GUARANTEE the seats you book with Singapore Airlines?

(11 Posts)
Oliveoil Tue 26-Aug-08 09:48:59

I have mooched about on their website and on SeatGuru to look at seat pitch etc

can you book online and GUARANTEE you will get your choice of seats for do you still have to check in v early

I do not want a 12 hour+ flight in a shit seat with a dh who is scared of flying and two bored children

re bulkheads do they go to parents with babies as the bassinets are there (I think)

bloss Tue 26-Aug-08 10:23:10

Message withdrawn

Oliveoil Tue 26-Aug-08 10:25:11

oh an expert

<<clutches bloss to bosom>>

did you fly with Singapore? I have read tons of good things even though they are on the £££ side

what seats did you get and did you check in early?

cece Tue 26-Aug-08 10:29:52

If you find a number for them at Heathrow then you could phone and ask them.

I will have a look...

cece Tue 26-Aug-08 10:34:00

0844 8002380

they are based in Chiswick apparently!

Oliveoil Tue 26-Aug-08 10:35:47

thanks for that

we may not be going for a few months but I am doing all my research atm (when not wasting time on MN that is)

their website is quite good too

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 26-Aug-08 14:43:48

Bulkhead seats tend to be allocated to parents with infants.

Seatguru is a good website to use overall, however, you will need to bear the following in mind:-

Singapore Airlines like many other airlines use several different types of plane on their routes; you may be able to find out from the airline which type of aircraft they will use on that route (however there are no guarantees at all as planes can and do get switched).

BA have a good system whereby you check in online 24 hours prior to your flight departing. It is at that point you see the seating plan of the aircraft and choose the seats according to the class you are travelling in. Maybe Singapore operate the same sort of system.

I would also seriously consider investing in a portable DVD player for the children to use.

NicMac Wed 27-Aug-08 08:35:37

Singapore are wonderful, most of the big asian airlines bar Thai are great. I am sure they will be very helpful if you call them.

slim22 Wed 27-Aug-08 08:38:39

you can check in online up to 24h before departure and print your boarding pass.

singapore airline is fab.

twentypence Wed 27-Aug-08 08:45:55

I would book directly with Singapore if you want to be positive of getting anything you ask for. My mum and dad travel around the world with them 3 times a year and for this they get their own consultant who calls them to tell them the sale is about to be on, books them into their favourite seat and books mum an obscure special meal and organises upgrades using their points. Presumably there are a lot of people who get this treatment and if my someone like my mum fancied your seats for some reason she would get them over you just because of the amount she travels.

The children do not need a portable DVD player as Singapore has movies on demand with a good selection of family and children movie. They also have suitable games.

Oliveoil Wed 27-Aug-08 09:06:16

oh this is all great news, thanks

especially about checking in 24 hours beforehand

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now