Talk

Advanced search

Disney -anyone stay at the Saratoga Springs Resort?

(5 Posts)
Sugarmagnolia Thu 21-Aug-08 12:30:38

Ok, I know there are threads on this and I've been busy reading (heard all about kbear's fab stay at the Hotel Port Orleans!) but hoping i can get even more info!

Am thinking about 2 weeks in Disney next summer (kids will be 6 & 8). Friends of ours are going and staying at a nearby hotel but we're quite keen to stay at one of the onsite Disney villas - i don't intend to cook as such but would love to be able to take a break from burgers and fries with a simple sandwich or salad from time to time. Especially as we are planning to go to the park early in the morning, back to hotel/villa for a couple of hours in the afternoon for sleeping/swimming then back to the parks in the evening. I quite like the look of the new Saratoga Springs but have heard the buses can take ages.

So does anyone have any experience of this or one of the other Disney villas?

TeriHatchetJob Thu 21-Aug-08 12:39:36

Not disney villas but disney hotels and all I can say is the buses are excellent. Every 20 mins or so and straight to the parks - starting early and leaving late at night.

tiredemma Thu 21-Aug-08 12:43:44

Its near the Downtown disney area which is a brilliant area to be. Its not far on the buses.

LIZS Thu 21-Aug-08 12:45:33

looks lovely but £££. have you found any good deals ?

napa Tue 26-Aug-08 21:14:43

have stayed there a few times and really like it as a resort. a nice walk or boat to the downtown disney area, good main pool and lovely quiet pools that have always been near empty when we've been there. sorry don't know much about the buses as we drive.
it is useful to have the kitchen area but how many of you are there, a studio there has a small kitchenette (sink, fridge, toaster, coffee maker) and sleeps 4, the next size accommodation up gets more expensive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now