Talk

Advanced search

Anybody stayed at The Hotel Beacon NYC?

(8 Posts)
cocolepew Sun 17-Aug-08 15:08:24

Reviews please smile

Earlybird Sun 17-Aug-08 15:15:26

Have never stayed there, but suggest you try the TripAdvisor website - you'll find lots of reviews.

cocolepew Sun 17-Aug-08 15:22:02

I've looked at TA and Frommers and it's coming up pretty good.

bigfatbump Sun 24-Aug-08 16:45:47

I've been there, we really liked it. It's a nice big hotel, the roomms are much bigger than those closer to Midtown - we had two doble beds in our room, and a kitchen area. The area is nice, there was a lovely farmers market opposite and there a few shops and so on around, and bars/restaurants. It had a nice relaxed feel to it, I would recommend it.

luckylady74 Sun 24-Aug-08 16:57:34

lovely big rooms and agree about fab market shop over the road. Noisy from outside at night, but I think that applies to the whole of NYC!

jojoisamum Sun 24-Aug-08 20:53:26

Can you tell me what was included in the kitchen area? Thinking kettle and washing machine may be? Taking baby with us!

luckylady74 Sun 24-Aug-08 21:53:48

It was a while ago, but no washing machine - there was an oven and a kettle - can't remember more than that!

bigfatbump Mon 25-Aug-08 09:16:55

There was defintely a some cupbpards and a small worktop, and a fridge with a freezer section, we bought sodas and ice cream from market shop. Can't remember a washing machine tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now