Talk

Advanced search

THAILAND 5* CHILD FRIENDLY AT CHRISTMAS?

(22 Posts)
hifi Wed 06-Aug-08 18:51:36

any ideas, we are there for 3 weeks so dont mind a two resort hol.

NicMac Wed 06-Aug-08 20:17:37

Went to Le meridien at Khao Lak, loved it and the Marriott in bangkok. Amazing hotels and would def go back. Let me know if you need anymore info. Happy planning

hifi Wed 06-Aug-08 22:27:57

thans, i will look into those.smile

hifi Thu 07-Aug-08 17:37:04

hi nicmac, just looked, just what i was looking for.
is it an hour from phuket?
is the night life, restaurants far away?
were there actually lots of kids there?

whooosh Thu 07-Aug-08 17:38:20

We stayed at somewhere in Hua Hin which was fantastic but the hotel name has changed.
TBH -I find everywhere in Thailand child friendly-am very envy

whooosh Thu 07-Aug-08 17:47:08

we stayed here and loved it

hifi Thu 07-Aug-08 18:07:07

whooosh, we stayed there before dd!

NicMac Thu 07-Aug-08 19:42:34

Khao Lak is a short taxi ride away, it is a quiet resort. There was a fab club at the hotel for children

NicMac Thu 07-Aug-08 19:43:24

Sorry yes is an hour from Phuket - north. Wonderful people and very beautiful location, much nicer than Phuket IMO

hifi Thu 07-Aug-08 20:53:48

thanks, there for 3 weeks might do a week somewhere else before going there.we like eating local, would we have to travel far?

NicMac Fri 08-Aug-08 08:12:45

About a mile, though there was a local food place just at the hotel entrance. Look on tripadvisor for up to date reviews.

ninedragons Fri 08-Aug-08 08:21:56

I was just coming in to suggest Le Meridien Khao Lak.

It has two wings, one for couples and one for families. Each has its own pool, so you will not have to worry about your kids splashing super-groomed chic gay couples or putting honeymooners off the idea of children.

Khao Lak itself is a fairly sleepy little town but it is easy to drive back into Phuket for serious shopping.

NicMac Fri 08-Aug-08 08:27:45

Yes, and there is even a little beach and pool area for very small ones. There is a play area and water slides. Really I cannot recommend it highly enough we may even go back next year as we loved it so much. But it is quite isolated so bear this in mind.

claraquitetirednow Fri 08-Aug-08 08:40:21

I am looking at La Laguna resort in Phuket. It looks nice and lots of facilities. A lot of people I know rave about the Sofitel in Hua Hin, but I am put off Hua Hin because there is no diving.

ninedragons Fri 08-Aug-08 08:44:25

Is that the Dusit Laguna? I have stayed there - it is fine, but not quite as plush as Le Meridien. It is in a complex of hotels and you can use all the facilities of all the hotels, which is great. IIRC (at least pre-tsunami) one of them has a lazy river which is very pleasant to float around.

I gather from friends who are serious about their diving that it is much better in Khao Lak than in Phuket, but I don't know from experience.

hifi Fri 08-Aug-08 11:49:23

right, all booked. well on request, 17 days.apparently the flights out in december are really filling up. we got the last 3 seats on the 13th.i love trailfinders!

hifi Fri 08-Aug-08 11:51:38

we stayed her last year, here

NicMac Fri 08-Aug-08 12:10:22

hifi, we stayed at the Sheraton Krabi just a bit further down the beach! Was not very impressed by the hotel though Krabi and beaches were lovely.

hifi Fri 08-Aug-08 12:14:56

the sofitel in krabbi looked lovely,we went to look and there was no one in it. we too dd to the sheraton everyday to see the elephant.

hifi Fri 08-Aug-08 12:14:59

the sofitel in krabbi looked lovely,we went to look and there was no one in it. we too dd to the sheraton everyday to see the elephant.

NicMac Fri 08-Aug-08 12:19:47

Ah, that would be Rara the elephant! We think we might go to the new Sheraton at Cha-am next year, anyone been or have any other recommendations? Have a fab time hifi, I'm sure you will envy

hifi Fri 08-Aug-08 12:48:21

the sheraton looks lovely, its new i think. we might go to vietnam next year,went 5 years ago loads more lovely hotels now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now