Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth stopping for 12 hours in Singapore airport hotel

(4 Posts)
makemineaginandtonic Sun 03-Aug-08 19:49:39

We are travelling to Melbourne next February with two DDs age 3 and 2. We are unsure whether to travel straight through or take a 12 hour stop over in Changi airport to take advantage of the transit hotel and other facilities.

Anyone got any thoughts?

IlanaK Sun 03-Aug-08 19:53:32

We did this when my two were 3 and 6 months old. We only had a 4 hour slot in the hotel, but it enabled me to sleep while dh took the kids around the airport. It made a big difference to me.

If we were to do this again now (oldest two are now 7 and 4, but new baby too), I would stop over for longer. We all needed the sleep really.

angel1976 Sun 03-Aug-08 21:04:48

They just opened the ONE airport hotel in Singapore (because the city is only a cheap cab ride - 30 minutes - away) and it looks fabulous! I think you should take a rest and enjoy it... grin Wanna take me?

glitterbird Wed 27-Aug-08 21:34:27

hd, ds and i are spending our 12 hour stopover at the transit hotel in Singapore so we can have a rest as ds will only be 9 months. We chose Changi airport as it has great transit facilities inc hotel pool, lots of gardens to walk in and if you are feeling energetic there are free 2 hour sightseeing tours that you book from the airport.

www.changiairport.com.sg/changi/en/airport_guide/exp_changi/rest_n_relax/free_sgtour.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now