Talk

Advanced search

I fancy a trip to the States, where should I go?

(5 Posts)
llareggub Sun 03-Aug-08 14:43:18

I'll be travelling with DH and DS, who will be 2 at the time of travel. I've never been to the States.

We like the beach, but not to sunbathe on, and DS is too young for theme parks. We want to see "things" and like exploring. We'd probably like the facilities of a resort but the flexibility to do our own thing if we want.

I've a feeling that I want to go to New England, the mountains, and may be combine with a city break.

What would you recommend?

madcol Sun 03-Aug-08 14:52:06

I liked San Francisco and surrounding area - You can go to Yosemite national park for walks ; nature etc. or head to the coast or the vineyards.

Trip not that bad if direct.

lilolilmanchester Sun 03-Aug-08 14:52:44

Was going to suggest New England before I read it! Boston, mountains, whale watching on Cape Cod. Take ferry to Nantucket/Martha's Vineyard. DH and I had a fab holiday in that area pre-children.

newpup Sun 03-Aug-08 15:25:39

California is wonderful as it is so diverse. Beaches, mountains, vineyards, Grand Canyan, take your pick! Quite a long flight though with a two year old. My DH always says Boston would be a fab place to take the DDs, he travels there on business. We loved New York but do not think that fits your criteria.

Sidge Sun 03-Aug-08 15:27:26

Hire a car and drive through the Florida Keys from Miami.

Or fly to Boston and do a fly-drive around New England - go in the Autumn! (I would love to do this, it's supposed to be spectacular)

I liked San Diego as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now