Talk

Advanced search

Singapore airport

(11 Posts)
handsomeharrysmum Fri 01-Aug-08 16:46:58

Hello to those people who have stopped at Singapore airport to get a connecting flight to Aus, what happens with the luggage? do we take it off the carousel and leave it somewhere secure as we land at 6.30am but don't leave for Aus until midnight.
Thanks.

witchandchips Fri 01-Aug-08 16:55:08

Singapore airport is really efficient, takes about half an hour or something mad between landing + walking out into freah air with your luggage.

you can also go into town on a special bus without having to go through immigration and customs!

so my guess is that you will be able to do whatever you find the easiest.

poodletips Fri 01-Aug-08 18:12:59

i'm about to do a similar thing on sunday... and afaik the luggage collection is after customs and immigration. So if you haven't booked a stop-over, the luggage should join your connecting flight, without you having to pick it up.

you're with the same airline the whole way?
happy trails grin

mckenzie Fri 01-Aug-08 18:18:25

if your stay at singapore airport is less than 24 hours then your luggage will go striaght through from London to Australia. That's the deal with Singapore airlines anyway.

mckenzie Fri 01-Aug-08 18:18:48

or even 'straight' through

bran Fri 01-Aug-08 18:18:52

We have check the luggage all the way through except if we are stopping off in Singapore/Malaysia for a few days.

As witchandchips has said there are good bus trips you can do and there are also airside hotels that you can pay for by the hour if you fancy a shower and a nap.

Info for transit passangers here.

poodletips Fri 01-Aug-08 18:21:11

just an aside... you may be knackered, in which case, book a room at the transit hotel in the airport. they book in 6 hour lots.

if you are feeling perky go on the city tour without clearing customs.

the hotel is handy, as you don't have to pay if you're a 'no show' - so worth booking beforehand as it fills up quite quickly.

but be sure to keep a change of clothes in your hand luggage.

poodletips Fri 01-Aug-08 18:22:51

x posts again... grin

handsomeharrysmum Fri 01-Aug-08 18:27:47

Thanks for those replies, we are flying from Manchester to Adelaide with Singapore airlines so it looks as though our luggage will be taken care of.Going to do the zoo and have a swim in pool before catching flight for Adelaide.

mckenzie Fri 01-Aug-08 20:06:48

make sure you do the zoo first (sure that's your plan anyway). we were on a 27 hour stop over back in April and went to the zoo about 2pm. Taxi driver said he would come back for us at 3pm. I was horrified and told him to make it 5pm at the earliest, we wanted to see all the animals and not have to rush. By 2.55pm I was on the phone to him asking him to come and pick us up. The heat was awful, we just couldn't get used to it in such a short time and it was making the zoo visit quite unbearable. I'm not trying to be a sour puss (honest), just trying to warn you.
But the swimming pool was great and the DCs (age 6 and 3) thought that swimming in an outdoor pool, at 10pm at night (local time) in the dark was just the coolest thing ever smile

handsomeharrysmum Fri 01-Aug-08 22:12:45

Thanks Mckenzie, will deffo do the zoo early then find shade for the rest of the day and use pool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now