Talk

Advanced search

Disney AND universal in 2 weeks?

(21 Posts)
MrsMissMs Fri 01-Aug-08 14:21:29

Has anyone done Universal and Disney in a two week holiday?

How did you find it?

did you manage to see everything? was it worth the money? which did you like best?

LittleMissNorty Fri 01-Aug-08 14:25:23

I once done Disney for 2 days, Epcott for a day, universal for a day, another one for a day (can't remember the name now!) shopping mall for a day in the first week....then flew to the Bahama's for the second week and I could hardly move grin

I saw everything I wanted to....but didn't have DCs with me. Also done a bit of research before I went, got to the popular stuff either very early or during the parade, and stayed till quite late, easting dinner at the attraction.

I have never been so knackered!

Fimbo Fri 01-Aug-08 14:28:30

OMG can't believe you have started yet another thread on this!

mankyscotslass Fri 01-Aug-08 14:29:30

We did it 10 years ago. We just spaced it out, it waw great!
We just planned what we really wanted to see and worked round that. We also went to Sea World, Wet and Wild and to the Everglades! We managed to fit in some seriosu shopping too!
All it takes is a bit of planning. We were shattered but happy!

mamadiva Fri 01-Aug-08 14:30:33

We did it twice! Spent a day or two in Disney because is shite, and a day at epcott is shite too, then universal which is fab we spent about 5 days there and the rest of the time at water parks an seeing shamu who has since passed on....

fircone Fri 01-Aug-08 14:31:31

Hello. Did this last October. Stayed at Hard Rock Hotel so we could walk to Universal, then Wilderness Lodge on Disney property.

Fantastic. Absolutely the best value for money ever. These parks aren't about rides, really, but about the whole experience and I could live there forever and never get bored.

But I would say that Universal is of less appeal to smaller children, say, younger than about eight.

The way to pace yourself with children is to arrive at the parks at the crack of dawn, go home for lunch and a rest/swim/play and then go back to the parks later for dinner and more fun!

fircone Fri 01-Aug-08 14:34:13

Anyone who says that Disney (I take it that means The Magic Kingdom) and Epcot are "shite" is very clearly... odd.

mamadiva Fri 01-Aug-08 14:41:11

In my defense I was 14 and was being dragged around with my 3 YO brother and I was a goth so NOt my scene LOL

fircone Fri 01-Aug-08 14:44:03

I would have probably not been so keen at 14 and a blush New Romantic.

claricebeansmum Fri 01-Aug-08 14:46:23

<What could be more unpleasant than dragging a New Romantic and a Goth around Disney...wink>

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 01-Aug-08 14:48:11

Have been to both Universal and Disney over the course of two weeks and enjoyed both.

Both are good in their own way. The attractions at each of the Disney parks change from year to year; each visit will be different. Disney parks are ideal for all ages.

Universal (the original park) now has the Simpsons simulator ride open. Only spent half a day in this park as much of it remained familiar to us.

Universal Islands of Adventure has lots of rides mainly for older children and teens. Lines can get very long at all of these parks during the day.

UniversallyChallenged Fri 01-Aug-08 17:45:50

how many days would you spend in each one if you were on a 2 or 3 week holiday?

ihatebikerides Fri 01-Aug-08 19:27:58

Go and have a look at the AIBU thread. I think the OP here is gunning for ammunition to use against her DP on their forthcoming Florida trip. He wants Disney passes, she doesn't.....

ladymariner Fri 01-Aug-08 19:32:03

Don't see how you can go to florida and not do both, they are AMAZING!!! we had the best holiday ever, we did something every day, and it was brilliant. We were exhausted at night but ready to start again the next day. Can't wait to go again grin

Hulababy Fri 01-Aug-08 19:34:26

Yes. Have done it twice. Both times 14 nights. Did all the parks, water parks, sea world and space centre. No days off. Dd was 2 and 4 each time. She wouldnt stop. Loved it. Not a problem at all. Did very long days too. Will go again soon.

ladymariner Fri 01-Aug-08 19:37:54

we didn't have any days off either, hula, there's too much to see isn't there? we tended to pace ourselves and rest up watching a show or a parade. ds was 9 when we went.

Hulababy Fri 01-Aug-08 20:07:01

Disney is better than Universal for smaller children. The rides at Universal are bigger and more exciting though.

But I really like both, for lots of different reasons.

Whilst DD is young we spend more time at Disney than Universal, but always do both.

UniversallyChallenged Fri 01-Aug-08 20:52:43

What time do the parks close as a few threads say to go home midday and come back later as it's quieter?

Hulababy Fri 01-Aug-08 20:54:32

Have a look on the websites. It tells you.

MrsMissMs Sat 02-Aug-08 12:14:36

we're doing both well, the kids are. I'm just doing universal and taking a couple of days out to myself. Even better than the original plans! grin

TheMagnificent7 Sun 03-Aug-08 03:34:28

Of course you can do them both. It's a small world after all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now