Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flight from the Uk to Australia with 15 month twins......help!

(5 Posts)
twinmama Wed 30-Jul-08 21:39:28

We are emigrating to Australia in a few weeks and am dreading the flight.

All I think about is what can I take on board, what will I feed them, etc. etc. etc.

I just haven't a clue, please can someone help me!

Springflower Wed 30-Jul-08 22:13:22

Just trying to think, I have been to Australia a few times and had different children with me - none twins though! Took one at 6 weeks, one at 7 months and then all at 4,2 and 1. Not sure what I can suggest except not worrying too much - we found it fine despite them being ill and sick over my partner!! It was at christmas so we took different presents to open at different times and games , books etc that they enjoyed but thinking about 15 months that might be limited. I think it was also before all the problems taking food and drink and so we just took what we knew they would like rather than rely on plane food. I think as long as you accept that you wont really have much time to relax but devote your time to giving children attention and keeping them happy then you should be alright. It all just goes wrong if you have any expectations of watching the latest movies!! Good Luck - where are you going?

NicMac Thu 31-Jul-08 18:04:00

Just think that it is highly unlikely that you will see any of your fellow passengers ever again in your lifetime if the babies make lots of noise! I speak as a twin mum, good luck

twinmama Thu 31-Jul-08 19:37:42

Mmmmmm that's what I thought springflower! We're moving to Sydney, not sure which
suburb yet. Haven't been before but know people who have moved out there. My hubby went out there early this year to check it out, and loved it.

HarrogateMum Fri 01-Aug-08 19:42:26

hi Twinmama. I have twin boys who are now 3 and a half. My other half is an Aussie and we took them when they were 5 months old, then took them to Borneo when they were 18 months old and have just come back from another Aus trip with them, with the addition of their little sister who is now 20 months.

We flew Emirates both times we went to Aus. It was good becuase it was 3 flights, one to dubai, one to Singapore and then one on to Brisbane (where his family live). The time when they were 5 months was easy in the sense that they slept a lot, but we needed twin bassinets and they are on either side of the middle section of the plane so you and your husband have to sit apart with two strangers between you who may not be happy about the babies...however yours are older, wehn we went ot Borneo we bought one seat so they could share it and sat on one side of the plane, 4 of us in 3 seats, otherwise to be honest it would have been a nightmare having them on our laps the whole way, they were too big.

CAT me if you want more info! And Good luck, you will be fine, tis only 24 hours out of your life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now