Talk

Advanced search

Self Catering in Barbados

(6 Posts)
ThinWhiteDuchess Sat 26-Jul-08 12:10:36

We have just booked flights to Barbados for December (yippeee!). I know Barbados pretty well, but haven't been for a few years. I think I have found an apartment block that looks nice in St Lawrence Gap, called Mistle Cove. Has anyone stayed here, or have any other recommendations? Our DD will be 15 mo when we go and we want somewhere preferrably on the South coast which is within walking distance of restaurants, etc. Need 2 beds and although we're not expecting the luxury of the West coast hotels, do want somewhere pretty decent.

Would really appreciate any suggestions. TIA.

escape Sat 26-Jul-08 12:13:23

I don't think there were a myriad of soprmarket choice when we were there tbh.
see if you can get agood deal on the turtle beach hotel! wthat'd be my advice to anyone in barbados!!

ThinWhiteDuchess Sat 26-Jul-08 12:19:02

Thanks escape -- just checked it out and it is a bit over our budget (US$7k plus for 2 weeks). If I recall, there are some fairly good supermarkes (eg The Big B) stocking quite a good range of stuff, mainly American imports. Reason for self catering is that I want kitchen facilities as find it easier with DD.

ThinWhiteDuchess Sat 26-Jul-08 12:20:56

Ahh - just seen that Turtle Beach is AI (explains the price!). Looks lovely though.

escape Sat 26-Jul-08 12:49:11

yes, it is $$$$ - worh it if you ever get the chance.
hey, looks like you know more than me re; supermarkets and of course having a kitchen with a little one is great.
i've never been self catering there tbh.
What about escape at the Gap - does that have any self catering accomodation?

SNoraWotzThat Sun 27-Jul-08 17:04:56

Google these 3, nice with self catering: In the south, near the gap.
South Gap Beach hotel
Butterfly Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now