Talk

Advanced search

luxury beach hut style holiday on way back from Australia?

(12 Posts)
newandimproved Sun 20-Jul-08 13:43:59

Hi there,
I'm just planning my honeymoon(!!), sans children (!!!). We are going to Australia for the first week to attend a wedding and see friends, and on the second week we want decadent luxury and privacy in the way of a beach hut style spa resort, while trying to avoid the Maldives (don't ask!!).

Is it feasible to go the America way round and go to the Caribbean? Has anyone done this? Or maybe Thailand? Any recommendations or advice are very welcome.

Many thanks

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 20-Jul-08 14:04:33

Hi,

Not at all feasible to my mind to go via the US to the Caribbean from Australia due to sheer distance. You'll be better off staying in the Far East after visiting Australia.

Another alternative would be to stay on one of the islands in the South Pacific - Fiji, Tahiti. They are more easily accessible from Australia. A far better bet than tha Caribbean overall if you want luxury and privacy.

robinpud Sun 20-Jul-08 14:07:15

We came back at xmas and had a stopover in Fiji.. it was the stuff of dreams! Alternatively depending on timing, you could go to one of the Islands off the coast of Queensland for the second week and have a straightforward trip home.

superloopy Sun 20-Jul-08 14:08:57

This is were we had our honeymoon on the way back to the UK from Oz, I loved it!smile

here

smurfgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 14:14:26

You could do Fiji, Bali, Sri lanka, Maldives?

suzywong Sun 20-Jul-08 14:24:49

Australia is a fairly large continent, which part of it are you on the way back from?

brimfull Sun 20-Jul-08 14:27:04

Vietnam..or is that the wrong direction?

Jbck Sun 20-Jul-08 14:33:28

SIL & BIL did New York then Hawaii en route to Oz so it's presumably feasible, not sure about Carribean option mind you. She did say jet lag was worse that way round but I don't know how it'd be on the way home.

newandimproved Mon 21-Jul-08 10:45:26

Oh you guys!! You've been brilliant, thanks!! The link you left, Superloopy, looks lovely!

We are travelling from Melbourne. It'll be end of October. Now we have lots more options to think about!!

Thanks again. :D

bran Mon 21-Jul-08 10:55:48

Malaysia has some nice places.

Pangkor Laut

Datai we've stayed there and the room was fab and surrounded by jungle, although I'm not a beach person so I wouldn't stay there more than 2 or 3 days. The two person massage was magical, the treatment rooms are open-sided by a river and the jungle. There is a sister resort beside it, the Andaman

TeriHatchetJob Tue 05-Aug-08 03:22:52

I'm on Bali at the moment and I have to say I've never felt so relaxed. The people here are so genuinely good and chilled. They are a great believer in Karma - and it shows.

I want to stay here forever. i would never go to the Caribbean again after coming here. There is absolutely no hostility here whereas I didn't feel comfortable there.

poshtottie Tue 05-Aug-08 07:29:00

I agree with Teri, Bali is amazing. Teri I am very envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now