Talk

Advanced search

where to go for new year ideally somewhere exotic

(8 Posts)
mashedbanana Thu 17-Jul-08 20:57:48

that's child friendly as have a 3.5 dd.thought about maldives but not sure about the weather that time of year.any recommendations greatly appreciated.

bigspender30 Fri 18-Jul-08 16:20:42

The best time to go to the Maldives is nov-april so you should be fine. Bandos Island was recommended by someone else on here which I really fancy. Anywhere in the Caribbean should be fine that time of year too.

HolidaysQueen Fri 18-Jul-08 19:07:31

sharm el sheikh in egypt, or dubai? if not exotic enough then thailand is wonderful and sri lanka is really amazing (some gorgeous hotels and beautiful beaches, plus great food and very friendly people). you could do a split holiday to sri lanka and the maldives if you wanted.

mashedbanana Fri 18-Jul-08 20:37:57

thanks we were going to do sri lanka and maldives a few years ago but then i became pregnant so didn't want to go that far.my husband works alot in dubai so he'll want to go elsewhere.thanks for your suggestions.

Hersetta Wed 23-Jul-08 12:11:34

I've been to the Maldives twice at Xmas/ New year and weather was fantastic both times (apart from the Tsunami!!).

mashedbanana Wed 23-Jul-08 20:07:12

hersetta where in the maldives did you go ?is it suitable to take a 3.5 year old.

jennyroper Wed 23-Jul-08 22:30:28

have been to 2 places in the maldives one was called Sonevafushi and was beyond beautiful. Just totally amazing. The other one was called something like Kurumba and was nearer the airport. There were people with children at the Kurumba resort who seemed very happy. I didn't have children at the time and loved Sonevafushi. I think wherever you go in the Maldives your daughter will be treated very kindly and gently as the staff were all extremely sweet to any children i saw.

Hersetta Thu 24-Jul-08 15:29:02

We've been to Lily Beach four times but it is currently being revamped into a 5 star island which wouldn't really be suitable. i think the island most people reccommend for youngers ones is bandos as it is one of only a very few islands that has a kids club and a babysitting service. Sun Island or Kuredu might also be suitable.

To be honest though I have never seen many young ones and so apart from on bandos which is well known as child friendly your LO may not have the opportunity to make many friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now