Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions where to stay between Bar Harbor & Boston?

(4 Posts)
Brownhare Sat 12-Jul-08 10:34:31

DH, myself and 6mth dd are off on hols to Boston & Maine in Sept. We fly into Boston and are having a few days there, then up to Bar Harbor for a week. We're looking for any suggestions about where to stay for 3 nights on our way back to Boston. I was looking at Portland possibly or s.where in New Hampshire. Somebody mentioned Tamworth to us but anybody got any other ideas? Thanks

LIZS Sat 12-Jul-08 10:50:37

Kennebunkport - eat at Mabel's Lobster Claw !
Wentworth Resort , Jackson NH - near the outlets at North Conway and Kancamagus highway.

nobodytoldme Sat 12-Jul-08 18:54:56

No advice, but we are planning the same September trip with 10 mo ds - how did you decide on Bar Harbor? I have over googled and now too confused about what part of maine to go to!
Sorry to hijack your thread!

Brownhare Sun 13-Jul-08 11:15:31

I know how you feel nobodytoldme we were a bit over googled too! We decided on Bar Harbor as it looked a good place to be for lots of activities - walks, stunning scenery, boat trips etc and we liked the look of a self catering cottage (Windward Cottages if you're interested). Eventually we just had to make a decision - hope it was the right one!
Found out once we'd booked that my DH's aunt and uncle used to go there all the time when they lived in Boston and i trust their judgement.
Thanks Lizs for the suggestions for NH i'll get googling (again!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now