Talk

Advanced search

Travelling to Florida alone with a toddler?

(3 Posts)
UpSinceCrapOClock Fri 11-Jul-08 09:37:16

Am posting this on behalf of a friend. She was planning to travel to the States in November (for either 1 or 2 weeks) with her dd and OH, but her OH now can't go. She is thinking about going alone with her dd but is just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and any tips / advice. She is looking at visiting Florida / Miami area (she will be a tourist, so not visiting any friends or relatives). (She just asked me and I immediately thought of mn blush )

IwasFullofGrace Fri 18-Jul-08 02:24:25

I travel reguarly with my daughter (9months), and my biggest recommendation is HIRE. There are places you can hire portacots/prams/carseats...everything right down to toys, just do your research. Sometimes it's even cheaper than the cost of all the excess luggage anyway! Best of all...YOU don't have to lug it through the airports all by yourself while chasing/holding a child! Do it for your own sanity!!

alipiggie Fri 18-Jul-08 03:17:26

Second that. YOu can hire everything over here. Florida will be lovely weatherwise in November. You can get nice condos that would have everything she needed. There's enough of us over here if she needs any more local research.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now