Talk

Advanced search

Thailand With Kids Recommendations

(6 Posts)
Brycare Sun 01-Nov-20 00:21:21

Hi. I’m looking for a recommendation of nice beach towns in Thailand (islands or mainland) to stay in for 2 adults and 2 young kids (2 and 4 at the moment).
Not sure when this trip will
happen now obviously with the ongoing COVID situation but no harm in dreaming and thinking ahead I guess :-)

We would be going for two weeks and possibly may do one week each in 2 places (not planning on doing much moving around other than that as the kids are young).

I guess what we are looking for is somewhere with a nice beach that has a good selection of restaurants within walking distance but is not tacky in any way. Not bothered about nightlife as wont get a chance to partake anyway :-)
Since the kids have come along we have holidayed in Port de Pollenca in Mallorca which has been ideal for us in that it has a nice beach with loads of eating options & a nice atmosphere in general.

I’m finding it hard to sift through information on Thailand on the internet (never been before). Places I have seen recommended that sound like they may be nice are Koh Lipe island (I know it is awkward to get to) and Bophut area on Koh Samui.
Anyone have experience of these places or care to recommend anywhere else that might fit the bill?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

OP’s posts: |
Fedupofballs Sun 01-Nov-20 21:43:09

What time of year are you planning to travel? You probably want to check which area has the best weather. I’d definitely recommend the slate in Nai yang, Phuket. Beautiful hotel, plenty of local beach restaurants and great for adults and children.

Amythedog101 Mon 02-Nov-20 18:33:39

I went to Thailand last year we went in August so Koh Samui was our only option due the weather. However it was lovely, I'd recommend going to the more quiet side of the island though!

Amythedog101 Tue 03-Nov-20 12:24:15

Boput is lovely! The fisherman's village is amazing and if you want a more lively day you can get a taxi to the busy side of the island for shopping!

fuzzyduck1 Thu 05-Nov-20 12:07:16

Koh Lipe is lovely but not sure there is much for kids to do there and it’s a trek to get there.

Krabi and Koh lantra are nice with more to do in the local area and easy to get to. If you can spend a couple of days in Bangkok that’s an amazing place.

Not sure when they will open up to holiday visitors though. They closed all the borders and restricting internal travel at the start of this Covid thing and have done a great job of keeping their infection rates down.

I think we will have to wait and see what it’s going to be like when they reopen with regards to travel in region

indeed Sat 21-Nov-20 12:31:34

Koh Samui is great for families. Lots of safe beaches and decent accommodation. You could always do a week on Samui and then a week in Koh Pangan, a simple ferry ride away. Had Yao is nice. This place is v family friendly in south Samui:
abnb.me/lYrddTrTAbb

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in