Talk

Advanced search

A daft question

(4 Posts)
Sidge Thu 27-Sep-07 18:15:11

We are flying to Oz with Emirates in a couple of weeks, and I've just realised that I have no idea what (if any) food my 12 month old will get on the plane.

Can any of you seasoned travellers let me know what they provide for infants?

Cheers.

Coolmama Thu 27-Sep-07 18:19:26

you should be able to get details from the airline itself when you confirm your meal selection (which I recommend you do, again and again and again !)- I don't know about Emirates, but BA did a passable childrens meal, although with chips and choccies which I wasn't thrilled about. I have ended up taking my own food for DS on long haul flights purely because you have to wait a while for the meal to be served and it was easier for me to give DS dinner and then get him settled sooner rather than later. But that also depends on what time you fly. HTH

Sidge Thu 27-Sep-07 18:28:29

Thanks Coolmama.

I have booked a special meal for DD2 (who is on a special diet) but didn't think to ask about meals for DD1 and DD3!

Will give them a ring, the website says baby meals are available but nothing about having to ask for them in advance.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 27-Sep-07 18:47:37

Hi Sidge,

TBH I'd take your own foodstuffs for all your children and not solely rely on the airline (particularly if Gate Gourmet are providing the catering for this airline).

Airline food for children is invariably dire in my experience (half frozen bread roll anyone!). Also the childrens' meals are often served only a very short time before the adult meals are brought around.

It will probably be around an hour after departure before the crew commence serving meals to pax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now