Talk

Advanced search

Orlando Family Holiday

(42 Posts)
Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 09:37:55

We're a family of six (4 kids, 1 under 2 by the time we want to go). I was there about 20 years ago, but no idea where to look for planning advice. We think we can do it for 5-7k. Ideally next year if the virus allows.

OP’s posts: |
tanstaafl Tue 07-Jul-20 13:20:49

What month are you planning on going OP?

Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 13:24:22

Cheapest as possible! But hopefully tied in to any of the half terms in England.

tanstaafl Tue 07-Jul-20 13:37:09

Ok for a week then?

May or October I’m thinking. Both plenty warm enough.
Biggest problem is they’re school holidays so up go all the prices!

If you’ve looked at TUI, Thomson and decided the prices are too high, I’m going to say I doubt you’ll be able to do better in a school holiday.

Park tickets are pricey and even day tickets are around $90 per adult and child tickets are only up to 10 or 12 years I think.

Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 13:41:02

No, we'd be going two weeks, one half term,the other would be during school term.

hartof Tue 07-Jul-20 13:43:14

Next year will be incredibly busy, lots of people have postponed this years trips to then and it is magic kingdoms 50th anniversary year. If you want to make the most of your time there is recommend going in 2022. There's lots of talk that Disney won't even be back to "normal" next year.

When we went last year we booked in the Virgin Holidays sale the previous February and got a good deal.

ExplodingCarrots Tue 07-Jul-20 13:43:26

Check out the Facebook group It's Orlando Time. There's loads of information on there. It'll probably end up cheaper booking everything individually but I think you'd struggle on a £5-7k budget if you wanted to do 2 weeks and all the parks. Is that including spending money too? We're looking to go in the next couple of years and we want to split stay at Disney and universal and it's going to end up super pricey for just 2 adults and 1 child.

tanstaafl Tue 07-Jul-20 13:44:16

Have you looked at the package holiday companies just to gauge prices ?

FrankiesKnuckle Tue 07-Jul-20 13:46:21

Park tickets alone would be £2.5-3k and that's only Disney, universal obviously extra on top. Flights another £2k at the very least.
You can probably rule out staying at a Disney place as £££ Lots of perfectly fine motels along I-drive (look at Rosen inns) but then you need to factor in car hire and parking charges for the parks.

Ulrikaka Tue 07-Jul-20 13:51:15

You may be able to find flights and accommodation, but I can't see how you would afford park tickets and food for a fortnight for 6 of you on top of that.

Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 14:35:14

I've been able to find flights and accommodation for £3.5k (without looking too hard).

I don't like packaged holidays as IME they tend to be more expensive. I go to Mexico regularly and there's no way you can compare the two.

tanstaafl Tue 07-Jul-20 14:37:30

Would you mind sharing the flight and accommodation details you’ve found ?

Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 14:48:24

One

Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 14:49:04

Two

tanstaafl Tue 07-Jul-20 14:58:47

Thanks.
You’re looking at Feb there I see.
You might want to price up the flights fully? Include luggage and seat bookings.
You’ll need transport to/from the airport and To/from the villa.
Would you look to hire a large car or small ‘van’?

I’ve used attraction tickets direct in the past, have a look at their site for park tickets.

Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 15:04:39

Thanks! Tanst! When we went to LA we hired a large SUV for two weeks for $500 that was with sixt

tanstaafl Tue 07-Jul-20 15:20:34

For car hire we’ve used virgin holidays - just for car hire - the prices were competitive, they had a simplified ‘good’ or ‘better’ choice for the hire , used one of the larger companies and had a dedicated desk at the airport.
We found , because you were all paid up, there was no upsell at the other end.

Strawberrypancakes Tue 07-Jul-20 15:42:18

That seems like a really small budget. We’re a family of 4 and have been lots of times and it’s basically a 10K holiday for two weeks all in.

Strawberrypancakes Tue 07-Jul-20 15:44:27

It’ll be upwards of 4.5k for 14 day park tickets alone...

Strawberrypancakes Tue 07-Jul-20 15:45:57

Using your quotes above, plus tickets and car hire you’re already at 8k.. that’s without any food or spending money.

Whatusernamecanihave Tue 07-Jul-20 15:55:57

I would be surprised if you could do it for that budget, we also have 4 children and both times we spent between 10k and 15k it's a ridiculously expensive trip and to be honest not even sure it's worth it 👀

tanstaafl Tue 07-Jul-20 15:56:23

OP,
Looks like the website is now www.attractiontickets.com
£470 for a 14 day ultimate Disney ticket.
That’s Disney only.
You can see why pp mention park tickets so much.

Some of the parks are closed during Jan-Mar but you can find out on the Disney website in advance. I don’t think you’d be visiting the water parks in Feb but happy to be proven wrong.

Fressia123 Tue 07-Jul-20 16:35:31

Thanks for the link!

MADASANOWL Tue 07-Jul-20 16:52:12

For Florida planning advice I would check out the dibb.com

youhave4substitutes Tue 07-Jul-20 17:09:04

Thought I was deja vu ing then. You've two threads.

Those flights don't include sitting together or luggage OP. You said on your other thread you wanted 2 days shopping so you'll need bags.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in