Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find an EXPERIENCED travel nanny to fly London - Sydney - London?????????????????

(472 Posts)
Georgiaplus1 Mon 24-Sep-07 20:42:00

I'd rather not pay a recruitment agents fee, I've searched google, and still nothing......

I need an experience nanny who has the experience of entertaining my 2 year old son for the flight from London to Hong Kong (stay over night) then Hong Kong to Sydney - stay in Sydney for a month then back again. I'm a nervous wreck! I'll be on the flight too but can't stand the thought of my son not being happy or being able to run around.

I'll of course pay for the nanny's flight etc, does anyone know where I can find someone with experience without paying a recruitment fee?????

Thanks

LieselVentouse Tue 25-Sep-07 09:36:59

shock

ggglimpopo Tue 25-Sep-07 09:48:22

I know a v experienced Australian nanny, but you need someone based in London.

Why do you need a nanny on a flight? Will you have other young children?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ladymuck Tue 25-Sep-07 09:51:07

Try gumtree. Is it mainly for the flights that you need help, or will they be needed in Sydney too?

LieselVentouse Tue 25-Sep-07 09:52:05

why dont you go on a training course to gain experience of entertaining your two year old on a flight

oliveoil Tue 25-Sep-07 09:52:52

why can't you entertain your son if you are on the same flight?

big bag of presents, all individually wrapped, pull one out every now and then to keep him happy

that is what I plan to do when I take my TWO children who will be 5 and 3

TheBlonde Tue 25-Sep-07 09:53:38

I saw an ad recently for holiday nannys but can't think where

Bundle Tue 25-Sep-07 09:55:36

maybe you could arrange to be on the same flight as olive hmm

KerryMum Tue 25-Sep-07 09:55:48

Mozhe is that you?

quokka Tue 25-Sep-07 09:56:01

shock

littlemissbossy Tue 25-Sep-07 09:56:51

A free trip to Oz - I'll do it!!!wink

lionheart Tue 25-Sep-07 09:56:52

Here but I guess there would be an agency fee. Do they charge a lot?

ggglimpopo Tue 25-Sep-07 09:58:04

Not Mohze - she has a nanny and an aupair.

Has anyone heard anything of her since way back when?

oliveoil Tue 25-Sep-07 09:58:25

crisps, bread sticks, raisins, crackers etc in he doesn't like the flight food

books

favourite teddy

can you tell I have been panicking planning?

lionheart Tue 25-Sep-07 09:59:20

Why don't you post this on the nanny thread, Georgia? Some one might be able to help or know someone who can. smile

Bundle Tue 25-Sep-07 09:59:27

the small version of aquadraw would be good (water in velcroey type pen which you "colour" in princess/pooh bear pictures and goes colourless again when it dries)

ladymuck Tue 25-Sep-07 09:59:44

The other thing to think of is that if you are taking the nanny from the UK then you will be paying UK salary for the entire month. Would be cheaper to upgrade on the plane and get a Australian nanny locally (if nothing else the exchaneg rate makes this loads cheaper plus if you get a live-out then you're not paying meals and lodging all the time.

LieselVentouse Tue 25-Sep-07 09:59:59

PMSL @ Bundle grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LieselVentouse Tue 25-Sep-07 10:03:50

or pass the buck - okay im going now

oliveoil Tue 25-Sep-07 10:04:24

we have a Dora aquadraw that has 5 different pages that is in a case, I am sure you can get Thomas or a boy equivalent

do you need a nanny in Sydney? why not just hire an Oz nanny and do the flights yourself?

JolieGirl Tue 25-Sep-07 10:04:29

this has got be a wind up surely? why would anyone hire a stranger and expect them to be able to entertain/care for a small child better than its own mother can?? I don't get it!!!

ladymuck Tue 25-Sep-07 10:05:18

The thing is I can undertand, if money is no object, the appeal of getting someone to help look after a toddler for a flight to Oz. What I find most bizarre is that having decided to pay for their flight, their salary for a month, their food and lodging, that you could possibly be put out about an agency fee. My agency charges £40 per week for a temporary contract, so you're looking at £160. Cost of flight say £800, months salary around £2,000, food and lodging - depends on where you're staying. The agency fee really isn't that significant in terms of the overall cost.

ggglimpopo Tue 25-Sep-07 10:06:24

Book first class. Hand him to a stewardess as you come up the steps. Drink champagne, put the blindfold on, recline your seat and leave them to it.

Sorry, am being flippant....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now