Talk

Advanced search

Canada Porter Airlines flights - help!

(4 Posts)
Notthetoothfairy Mon 08-Jun-20 17:49:05

I booked a round trip between Toronto and Montreal with Porter Airlines and they are absolutely refusing to give my money back. The flight was cancelled due to Covid 19.

We are still planning to go to Canada but the itinerary has changed (we just need a one way between the above two cities now). We also need to fly to Montreal from Vancouver but Porter is very regional and doesn’t go anywhere near it.

Can anyone think of a way we can put our Porter voucher to good use as, if we use it for just the one way we need, we would literally spend nearly £850 on a single, one hour flight! Is there a route where we could go with Porter from Montreal to somewhere, then from that place to Toronto, with the middle place we go to being a nice day trip and not too much hassle going to/from the airport? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
Fedupofballs Wed 10-Jun-20 06:24:54

Did you pay by credit card? You could seek a refund via that as they did not deliver the service.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 10-Jun-20 10:25:16

A voucher is clearly of no benefit to you here.

(BTW when are you planning on travelling to Canada?. Unless you are yourself a US or Canadian citizen, Canada remains closed to travellers at this time).

I would claim a refund through your credit card provider if you paid via this. Your contract is with Porter and they should be refunding you in any case; do not accept a voucher.

Notthetoothfairy Wed 10-Jun-20 20:14:06

I paid by Amex but they keep re-opening the dispute (at my request) and then closing it! I am at my wit’s end with them.

The rescheduled trip is due to be in late August and I know it’s very touch and go whether we make it. All the more important that we receive a refund if we don’t.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in