Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Do I want to sit in Istanbul Airport with ds1 for 12 hours?

(7 Posts)
KerryMum Thu 20-Sep-07 17:23:07

Have left flight booking a bit late and there's only slim pickings left. I can either pay another 118 euro and stay another night and fly out at 5 a.m. next morning or fly out of Antalya that day and SIT at Istanbul airport for 12 hours.....

It's a chess tournament for ds. I KNOW I'm going to want OUT of there at the end of it.

Help! Undecided.....

Can you make flight changes on Turkish Airlines does anyone know?

KTeePee Thu 20-Sep-07 17:24:54

Could you make the most of it and go on a quick trip around Istanbul instead of sitting at the airport?

KerryMum Thu 20-Sep-07 17:29:08

Do I want to though on my own with ds (8.9)? In November, at night?

KTeePee Thu 20-Sep-07 19:03:21

Mmmm maybe not at night - unless you could get some organised "Istanbul by night" kind of tour! I think Moondog knows Turkey well - she may be able to give you some better advice!

CoteDAzur Fri 21-Sep-07 16:47:24

THY is like any other airline - whether or not you can change your ticket with minimum/no fee depends on the 'class' of ticket you have bought. Since you were late in booking the ticket, I would assume you were not able to get the cheapest (and also non-modifiable) tickets, so go ahead and change it would be my humble advice.

There is very little to do even in the international terminal, and basically nothing to do in the domestic terminal (except several restaurants and a pub). You will be passing your 12 hours in the latter.

Avoiding that fate is well worth 118 Euros imho, if you can afford it.

Isababel Fri 21-Sep-07 17:00:07

Avoiding the misery of spending the night in an airport with a kid is worth far more than 118 euro.

JennaJ Mon 24-Sep-07 18:26:19

Why not book a hotel at the airport and go and get some kip? Not going to cost E118 and means you get home refreshed.

Jen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now