Talk

Advanced search

Flight to USA with 13month old - is it worth it??!

(4 Posts)
EthansMam Wed 19-Sep-07 21:09:42

My husband has a conference in Boston at the end of Oct and I could go over with my 13 month old DS. I'm worried the flight will be hell tho. We've done quite a few short hauls which were okay but he was much more containable then. He can't walk yet but I imagine would be very wriggly and a little too interested in the seat backs of the fellow passengers in front. Should we just save the money and do something else with it or just go?!

RTKangaMummy Wed 19-Sep-07 21:30:33

Will DH be on same flights?

Boston is deffo brill

I would go if I was you

We took DS to Toronto when he was 1 year old and he was fine

Choose a night flight so he will be tired and let him crawl around departure longue NOT SLEEP

And so he will be tired

Isababel Wed 19-Sep-07 21:34:59

Well, it depends what is there for you.

I stopped travelling with DH when he has work to do, unless I really have a particular interest in the place that makes me not to be bothered about spending the day on my own with DS doing just baby measures of sight seeings.

At some trips I have decided to save the money for a proper family holiday, as we end up covering all the interesting things on our own and/or are too knackered to go out again by the time DH finishes with his work.

scienceteacher Wed 19-Sep-07 21:46:48

Boston is not a terribly long flight - it's about as short as it gets for transatlantic.

The big thing is what will you do when you get there? Boston is a big American city, and they are pretty all much-of-a-muchness (ie shopping and eating). The good thing about October is that you are into the New England leaf-peeping season, which is pretty fab. If you can make it up to New Hampshire or Vermont, and are able to put a bit of money into your accomodation (ie NE bed & breakfast), it will be a trip worth making.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now