Talk

Advanced search

BA South Africa

(7 Posts)
Applejack87 Tue 12-May-20 08:31:42

Hi we’ve booked SA in Aug ,tbh I’m worried about going if things change with the Covid by then , Ryanair is currently talking about opening in July . We can get through to BA on the phone atall . Has anyone else got concerns ? I’m just hoping we can get a refund or reschedule our holiday

OP’s posts: |
Applejack87 Tue 12-May-20 08:32:15

Sorry we can’t get through to BA on the phone

OP’s posts: |
inwood Tue 12-May-20 08:34:30

I'd be worried about going if things don't change, what do you mean if things change? I wouldn't go in July. You'll have to self isolate in the way in and they way out.

Apolloanddaphne Tue 12-May-20 08:36:45

It is too far away to know. You need to hang off until nearer the time. In general companies are only processing things which are about to happen in the next week or two.

If you did get away how happy would you be to quarantine yourself for two weeks on your return? I would be assuming you are not going and the flights will be cancelled eventually

notimagain Wed 13-May-20 08:06:42

Hi we’ve booked SA in Aug ,tbh I’m worried about going if things change with the Covid by then , Ryanair is currently talking about opening in July ..;

Ryanair's plans/statements are irrelevant - they are hoping for Europe and the European short haul market to open up.

Unfortunately Long Haul International flights look like being clobbered for quite some time by entry and quarantine restrictions, some of which have yet to be announced, those that have are often quite draconian.

I'd say it is very unlikely your flights will go as planned - but BA as with many other operators is only working abut two weeks to a month ahead on cancellations - you need to wait for an e-mail. Even if the flights operate there's the previously mentioned quarantine issue.

Stroller15 Wed 13-May-20 08:10:07

I would say it's highly unlikely. SA has extremely strict lockdown rules and they're currently at Level 4 - international travel is one of the last activities to be allowed again. My bet would be on Sept onwards only.

Applejack87 Thu 14-May-20 09:10:43

Thanks for your replies my oh spoke to BA yesterday we can’t reschedule for next year
My oh is saying maybe we could go at Xmas I’m praying that it’s cancelled .

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in