Talk

Advanced search

Boston in October with 16 month old, Any recommendations??????????????????

(5 Posts)
EHM Wed 12-Sep-07 13:44:49

DH is going to Boston end of September for 1 week with work. I am joining him with dd 1 week later. We plan to spend 8 days in & around Boston, would like to visit Maine. Can anybody recommend child friendly places to stay & things to do?
Many Thankssmile

FairyBasslet Thu 13-Sep-07 13:33:15

I'm interested in this as well as we will also be in Boston at the beginning of October with DS (4) and DD (21 months).

I've been to Boston about 10 years ago and enjoyed the science museum and the aquarium - we'll definitely be taking our kids there. The city is lovely to walk around and the Freedom Trail is a nice way to get a grasp on the history of the place for the grown ups.

We're flying into DC, staying with friends a couple of nights, then heading off to a wedding in New York state, and then hoping to see some of the fall colours before heading to Boston for a couple of days and flying home from there.

EHM Thu 13-Sep-07 14:06:38

Thanks fairybasslet I think so far we maybe going to Cape Cod for a few days, then back to Boston with a trip to Salem. Will take dd to the aquarium on the Friday as Dh is working. Hope you have a fab time & enjoy the Wedding. We have relatives in Albany so we thought about visiting them, not sure now.

FairyBasslet Sat 15-Sep-07 20:28:08

EHM, Salem is pretty cool. We (I was with my sister and one of her friends) went there on our trip. Did all the witchy stuff and saw the House of the Seven Gables (Nathaniel Hawthorne based a book around this - ploughed my way through it when I got home but can't remember much to be honest) - nice though and about as old as a building gets in America.

We also passed through Cape Cod on our way to Martha's Vineyard. I can see us going there again as DS thinks we're going on holiday to a beach. I've told him we might manage to get to one though it won't be warm, but then all he's interested in is finding crabs and rock pools anyway so I don't think temperature will be an issue.

Have a great time. If I think of anything else in the meantime, I'll let you know.

EHM Mon 17-Sep-07 15:16:59

Thanks Fairybasslet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now