Talk

Advanced search

Airport lounges - are they worth it?

(11 Posts)
lovedogsandcake Mon 09-Mar-20 17:07:36

Hi, we are supposed to be having a luxury family holiday over Easter which has so far been beset with minor problems. I'm considering paying £75 for us to use the Gatwick North Terminal "My Lounge". There is a small breakfast buffet available and we can use a priority security lane. I've never done this before and wondered if anyone would recommend it or not? TIA

OP’s posts: |
peachypetite Mon 09-Mar-20 17:11:09

I’ve used Gatwick’s club rooms which were great. I booked it after deciding the reviews for my lounge and the other one looked crappy.

Shmithecat2 Mon 09-Mar-20 17:11:46

I love them. I'm a BA Silver member and Mastercard Lounge Key holder. It makes airports so much more tolerable.

crustycrab Mon 09-Mar-20 17:12:51

Do it. And be there in good time to make full use of it

YgritteSnow Mon 09-Mar-20 17:15:44

For me, yes they are. I'm not particularly well off but to me they're worth every penny. Comfortable, food and drink as part of the price, always a seat and usually a little area where we can set up and chill while waiting for our flight. I'd always get lounge access if flying long haul, probs not for just a short flight.

lovedogsandcake Mon 09-Mar-20 17:39:18

Thanks, the thought of another rushed breakfast at Frankie and Benny's (if you can get a table) and DS asking to visit the arcade is pretty horrid. Will do it x

WatchOutLurkerAbout Mon 09-Mar-20 18:17:43

We've used them three times now and bloody love them. Unless you like pottering and shopping you're literally better off paying for it

sushinelove Mon 09-Mar-20 18:22:01

Always book the lounge for long haul. By the time we have food and drinks it would generally cover the cost of the lounge anyway. This way you get a seat, charge your stuff up, get some peace and a decent enough view. You won't be sorry.

lovedogsandcake Mon 09-Mar-20 20:36:11

Great thanks.

Skigal86 Tue 10-Mar-20 06:36:06

We have lounge access through our Amex card, so we generally have lounge access for both short and long haul flights. I would definitely pay it, especially as it includes fast track security. I like the lounges because they are quieter and calmer than the main terminal areas, although I have been to a few I’d have been pissed off if I’d paid for it (none in the UK though)

Mookie81 Tue 10-Mar-20 07:59:41

Has anyone used the Virgin first class lounge at Heathrow? I'm using it in the summer, is it as good as they say?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in