Talk

Advanced search

How long does jetlag (E America coast to Uk , so 5 hours) affect you???

(6 Posts)
ComeOVeneer Wed 05-Sep-07 21:31:57

DS hasn't gone to sleep before 3am the past two nights, and from the noise from his room it doesn't look likely to be earlier tonight. Any tips?

ComeOVeneer Wed 05-Sep-07 21:38:27

???

thirtysomething Wed 05-Sep-07 21:40:14

Wake him up at 7am. it'll be an awful day but he'll be ready for bed at a better time. We did it this summer with slightly older kids - took about 4 days for them to re-adjust but I found the only way to go was getting them up early! Oh, and fresh air and exercise late afternoon works a treat too!

ComeOVeneer Wed 05-Sep-07 21:43:16

I woke him early this am and shortened his afternoon nap but he is still swimgimg from the rafters. I know we will be back on track in a day or so but I feel like a zombie( we were at a 3 day wedding last wwekend over there so I haven't had more than 4 hours slep in a row for the last 6 nights) [tired emoticon]

NotQuiteCockney Wed 05-Sep-07 21:44:14

My kids are normally sorted after a few days, but I am very strict about getting them up in the morning etc etc.

Me, on the other hand ... we flew back over a week ago, and I'm still keeping stupid hours and feeling like crap. sad

scienceteacher Sun 09-Sep-07 20:22:31

I think you just have to do things on a normal local schedule if you want to crack it quickly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: