Talk

Advanced search

Orlando shopping

(8 Posts)
pumpkinzz Thu 13-Feb-20 15:33:49

Hi we are in Orlando at the moment and want to bring some bedding home with us does anyone know the sizes we will need we have a normal sized double bed , but are unsure on the size we will need as they are different here , has anyone bought any before thanks.

OP’s posts: |
BritWifeinUSA Fri 14-Feb-20 03:35:26

A standard UK double is almost the same size (bar an inch) than an American full size bed. A UK king size is an American Queen (give or take a little) and a UK super king is a little smaller than an American king size.

Is bedding really that much cheaper that it’s worth buying here? I’ve always found bedding here to be expensive for what it is (and the quality to be poor) and I actually order from Marks and Spencer’s and have it sent here.

MadamFlutterby Fri 14-Feb-20 20:21:24

I had this dilemma when I was in San Fran. for the life of me I couldn't work out the bedding sizes so I ended up buying the duvets AND duvet covers in america and vacuum packed them for the return journey home. I bought 2 sets of covers in different designs.

AlwaysCheddar Sat 15-Feb-20 07:51:40

I love their comforters!!

Biscuitsdisappear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:21:39

Google a comparison site.

BritWifeinUSA Sun 16-Feb-20 03:27:42

Where are you all finding this wonderful bedding? I’ve lived here for years and not found anything that either looks nice or is comfortable. I’m obviously looking in the wrong places.

MadamFlutterby Tue 18-Feb-20 11:14:56

Pottery Barn

upoverunder Sat 22-Feb-20 12:58:58

In case anyone else clicked on this thread looking for general shopping tips for Orlando, have a read of this beginners guide to shopping.

https://orlandoholidays128163419.wordpress.com/2019/11/23/orlando-shopping-for-beginners/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in