Talk

Advanced search

Looking for recommendations for Christmas

(5 Posts)
MumsBiscuits Thu 13-Feb-20 14:29:04

Hi,

We lost my dad suddenly at the New Year and are already dreading this year's Christmas without him.

My sister and I are considering taking both sets of families abroad to have a very different Christmas this year. Could anyone recommend somewhere long haul with kids aging 8-18?

Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
FrazzleRox Fri 14-Feb-20 14:42:24

Sorry for your loss. Sadly, we were in a very similar position in 2018 and had a fabulous trip to Vietnam at Christmas. I would highly recommend it!

LadyGAgain Fri 14-Feb-20 14:46:24

Sorry for your loss, I can see how doing something different this year will be a welcome change.

Kenya is beautiful in December. Split between safari and beach. A very special holiday.

Caribbean is perfect too.

My favourite is Bali but Langkawi was also amazing. And Thailand. Sri Lanka has lots to do. Could combine that with a week in Maldives too.

I hope you have a lovely family time together xx

MumsBiscuits Mon 17-Feb-20 12:28:05

Thanks ladies, all good ideas, i'll get looking at all the suggestions - i find a wee project like this is keeping my mind off everything..

x

OP’s posts: |
violetbunny Wed 19-Feb-20 09:51:51

We travel abroad almost every Christmas. I think Thailand was one of the best trips. Just be mindful of where you go as the weather is better in some parts than others in December. Phuket was good at that time of year.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in