Talk

Advanced search

What's the best age to do Disney?

(16 Posts)
snowgirl1 Tue 04-Feb-20 15:27:03

Thinking of a holiday to the US to include a trip to one of the Disney theme parks - not sure what the best age would be for Disney. DD is 8. The options are either (a) go this year; or (b) go in 2022 when DD is 10. It's not our usual holiday, so likely to be a one-off. Any suggestions on which might be the best age to go?

OP’s posts: |
zafferana Tue 04-Feb-20 15:34:03

Any age from about 7 onwards is good IMO, although you should check the height restrictions to be sure that she's tall enough to ride everything: disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/faq/parks/height-requirements/

Having said that, some rides are aimed at older DC - the faster roller coasters for instance. I first went to Disney when I was 17 I loved it, because I was old enough to enjoy everything.

Ihatesundays Tue 04-Feb-20 18:52:33

She’s more likely to believe at aged 8. Also the prices always go up - always.

CoolShoeshine Thu 06-Feb-20 12:52:15

From age 10 children are classed as adults at Disney so become much more expensive. So between 6 and 9 ideally!

Aragog Thu 06-Feb-20 12:54:56

It's actually great at any age but in different ways.

If they like rides - check height restrictions.

CrispyDorothy Fri 07-Feb-20 15:56:44

It's great at any age but I think 5-6 is a good age as they're tall enough to go on most rides, but they still get excited about the magic of it all. My son was 7 when whilst he had the BEST time, he was slightly too old for some of it. I, on the other hand, at 42, had the time of my life. grin

Upoverunder Sun 09-Feb-20 13:09:45

We've been visiting WDW for over 20 years and I think when kids are 5-6 yo, it's a perfect age for them to still experience the magic but old enough to get on most of the rides. Most rides are 44" and Rockin Rollercoaster is 48".

For UK visitors thinking of making the trip for the first time, have a read of this, it gives a useful overview about all the different options.

https://orlandoholidays128163419.wordpress.com/2019/11/02/uk-beginners-guide-to-orlando/

snowgirl1 Mon 10-Feb-20 16:03:11

Thanks for all the info - sounds sooner would be better...although now I'm worrying DD might be too old for Disney and we'd be better going to Universal!

OP’s posts: |
Upoverunder Mon 10-Feb-20 18:19:58

Too old? No way! My youngest is in her 20's and still loves it.

Ivysaurus Tue 11-Feb-20 09:34:15

Not possible to be too old! And you should visit both Disney world and universal grin espesh if she's into Harry potter

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Tue 11-Feb-20 09:35:34

Depends - do you want the magic of belief in the characters or able to go on all the rides?

Doggodogington Tue 11-Feb-20 09:37:19

I think the best age is somewhere between 1 and 99.

Nearlyadoctor Wed 12-Feb-20 12:57:29

We’ve been 3 times with Dd (6,9 & 12) and she’s loved Disney the most every time. This year we’re going to Florida and giving Disney a miss, doing Universal etc and she’s quite disappointed really although will of course have a fantastic time.
DS (26) and fiancé came with us last year and both thought Disney was amazing. DS was 9yrs last time he went.
Each time Dd enjoyed different things, at 6 it was all the princesses, at 9 She appreciated Epcot and AK better, and last year at 12 enjoyed the bigger rides. So I’d say 8 is a great age but then so is 9,10,11,12,13,14 etc etc

Aragog Wed 12-Feb-20 13:00:44

Never too old. Dd is 17y and it's still her favourite place. Her plan is to visit all six parks eventually. We have two more to visit - Hong Kong and Shanghai. Was supposed to go this summer but that's now had to be delayed due to the various concerns.

Aragog Wed 12-Feb-20 13:01:52

Mind when we go to Florida ones we always visit both Disney and Universal. At least one day in each park. All parks have activities for all ages.

Biscuitsdisappear Sat 15-Feb-20 19:31:46

Nobody is too old for Disney.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in