Talk

Advanced search

Winter sun with an (almost) 2 years old- where would you go?

(3 Posts)
beforesunrise Mon 27-Aug-07 10:57:50

Hi all, dh is really adamant we should take a "luxury" holiday this winter for one week/10 days. i would be really excited about it but am worried that it will just be a nightmare with dd (who is currently 18 months old, we would be looking to go just before she turns 2 so beginning February).

She is a terrible sleeper and i am just worried that the jetlag and all would just mess with her body clock once and for all! so i would like to minimise jetlag.

i would also like to minimise flying time although i am not THAT worried about the flight as dd is already a frequent flier :-) albeit always within Europe so far.

finally, we want a proper beach holiday- ie great beaches no swimming pool (which kinda rules out Dubai at least in my mind as i have heard the beaches are not that nice) and i want proper summer weather not just warm-ish (which rules out the Canaries, right?)

So i am thinking either Mauritius or the Caribbean...

any tips or advice? first of all, on whether it's even worth it, and secondly, where should we go???

thanks!

nailpolish Mon 27-Aug-07 11:09:06

i wouldnt bother if i were you!

Idreamofdaleks Mon 27-Aug-07 11:13:55

book her a seat to herself on long haul or you will be miserable on the flight with her on your knee

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: