Talk

Advanced search

Caribbean in october?

(5 Posts)
fantango Tue 24-Dec-19 07:43:21

Would we really be taking a financial gamble weather-wise? We'd be looking to go around 20-30th October. Currently thinking of Dom Rep for the shorter flight. Could do Aruba or cancun but really put off by the extra 2/3 hour flight time.

Also considered Cape Verde but read there's nothing to do and with poor healthcare touch wood should we need it so that's out.

Florida? Any other midhaul destinations with guaranteed sun and picture perfect beaches at that time of year?!

OP’s posts: |
BubblesBuddy Thu 26-Dec-19 17:53:23

Why not go to a nice island? We have been in late October. It’s ok and you might get a quick downpour. I’d take the chance but not to anywhere you have suggested. Antigua and Barbados have more to offer.

BIWI Thu 26-Dec-19 17:55:09

We regularly used to go to Barbados in the October half term. Yes, it's the rainy season - but generally that means a quick, short, sharp shower and then the sun comes out again. I think we only ever had one day where it rained all day.

fantango Sun 29-Dec-19 19:36:33

We've booked and I'm really excited! Spoke to a BA advisor for an hour about it, have trawled through previous years of October weather and I'm happy that the gamble will (fingers crossed) pay off. 5 star all inclusive with flights and transfers for four of us, ten days...£3100 I'll take that smile

OP’s posts: |
BIWI Sun 29-Dec-19 21:20:46

Which hotel are you staying in? <jealous>

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in