Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used trip.com

(5 Posts)
translationsfan Sun 01-Dec-19 21:35:22

Looking at flights fir feb- trip.vom has the ones I'd like fir about250£ less than going direct with the airline .
Very mixed reviews but the negative ones seem to be about being unable to change dates etc ( v used to Ryan air so wouldn't expect that anyway)
Has anyone used them?

OP’s posts: |
translationsfan Sun 01-Dec-19 22:01:44

Sorry for the poor spelling btw

OP’s posts: |
BritWifeinUSA Sun 01-Dec-19 23:13:10

Yes, once for a hotel that was sold out through all other sources but we really wanted that particular hotel as we were attending an event there. They are based in China. We had a problem with our room and the hotel agreed a $100 refund but because we had booked through trip.com the refund went to them, not us. Hotel was fine about everything - very apologetic about the problem with our room but there were no other rooms to move us to as they were fully booked due to the event. We never received the refund from trip.com, filed a complaint through Bank of America (as we used our BoA credit card to book) and got a refund back from the bank eventually but even then the person I was speaking to at BoA said that she had really struggled to deal with them. Also when I first contacted trip.com by email to request the refund they had a habit of calling me back instead of replying by email but they didn’t pay attention to the time difference between here and China and I was getting calls in the middle of the night.

ShanghaiDiva Mon 02-Dec-19 00:23:04

I live in China and have booked lots of flights with them and never had a problem. I think not being able to change dates on flights is a condition of the type of ticket being purchased, not an issue with trip.com per se.

Milomonster Thu 05-Dec-19 07:53:16

Yep booked flights and got great prices. Had no problems with them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in