Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to the south of Dominican Republic??

(9 Posts)
fifisworld Mon 20-Aug-07 15:59:56

We are going next summer and wondered if anyone has been.
I stayed on the north of the island a few years back but have heard that the south is much better for beaches and its the carribean sea rather than the atlantic.

CountTo10 Mon 20-Aug-07 20:33:58

Stayed in an iberostar resort in the south several years ago and it was absolutely fantasic. The weather was gorgeous, the sands white and the sea was not that cold at all! You'll have a fab time.

fifisworld Mon 20-Aug-07 21:26:19

Where abouts was it countto10 can you remember?
We are staying in Bavaro, anyone been there??

LadyOfTheFlowers Mon 20-Aug-07 21:35:34

ooooh ive been to bavaro and the year before we went to san juan in the north.
the beaches were white in the south and gold in the north but it didnt really make a difference to us. whilst in the north we went on an excuusion to the 'bounty island' which was absolutely beautiful, sugar white sand and turquoise water. aahhhh....

we found the people in the north more friendly than the south, other than that, i think we enjoyed both ends equally.

we stayed in the bahia principe in the north and the occidental grand flamenco in the south.

at you going again!
we want to go again but as i am now a sahm and we think it would be cruel to make the kids have the injections (they are 1 & 2 years old, plus the flights with them! arrgghhh) we probably wont be going back until we are well into our 40's or early 50's!!
LOL

bigspender30 Mon 20-Aug-07 21:36:26

yes I've been to the Breezes Punta Cana when I was pregnant. It was ok-we all got a bit of a dodgy stomach but thats only to be expected in Domincan apparently! Take your diacalms and you will have a fab time. Beach was just beautiful and plenty to do.

fifisworld Tue 21-Aug-07 09:10:24

Thanks,
We will be taking ds who will be 2.4 and ds2 who will be about 7 month by then, and taking both sets of parents as we are thinking about getting married there as well.
Do you know if you can still do the dolphin swim at ocean world from the south??

bigspender30 Wed 22-Aug-07 12:27:34

sorry I have no idea. You could try google?

CountTo10 Wed 22-Aug-07 20:27:42

I can't remember but I will try and find out - there were a lot of excursions and I'm sure one of them was dolphin related but a lot got canx due to rough seas - they'd had a bit of a hurricane before we went (autumn time!)

devil Sat 25-Aug-07 00:18:36

i went last year to the iberostar resort for my honeymoon.EXCELLENT time,hotel out of this world.
We went to ocean world and met the dolphins it made my holiday.my son alittle afraid of them but i have brillant photos and video of our expereince.
have a fab time i would love to be going backenvy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now