Talk

Advanced search

Shopping trip recommendations USA not new york

(9 Posts)
taytotayto111 Sun 17-Nov-19 13:46:52

I’ve been to New York several times on shopping trips and would like to try somewhere new. I was thinking of Houston Texas only because I can get a cheap direct flight for less than £400. But is it any good for shopping ? I’d love some advice and suggestions on where to go. I’d be travelling alone.

OP’s posts: |
CaurnieBred Sun 17-Nov-19 21:16:40

Mall of America. Never been but have heard it is huge. Near Minneapolis

allfurcoatnoknickers Tue 19-Nov-19 14:43:04

Galleria Mall in Houston is great. they even have hotels so you can stay in the mall. www.visithoustontexas.com/things-to-do/shopping/houston-shopping-tips/

HairyFloppins Wed 20-Nov-19 13:52:25

Where are you finding the direct cheap flights from OP? Quite fancy a shopping trip to Houston myself!

taytotayto111 Wed 20-Nov-19 16:55:35

Hairy it’s with Singapore airlines £405 return from Manchester in Oct inc 2 23kg bags. Direct flight. That’s much cheaper than ny

OP’s posts: |
FiercyMacFierceFace Wed 20-Nov-19 17:00:51

The Galleria is fab. I am a few years out of date, but can recommend the Marriott facing the Galleria. Across Westheimer Road faving the Galleria there’s a few high end outlet stores and there’s an outlet mall North West of the city.

HairyFloppins Thu 21-Nov-19 07:37:37

Thanks tay, will have a look. Manchester is better for us as well.

BritWifeinUSA Sat 23-Nov-19 15:41:08

Personally I’d pick a state with no sales tax. How much is a flight to Portland, OR?

beguilingeyes Wed 27-Nov-19 14:47:05

Chicago and the Magnificent Mile is fantastic.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in