Talk

Advanced search

St Lucia

(5 Posts)
JorisBonson Sun 20-Oct-19 14:26:42

Specifically looking at the Hideaway at Royalton St Lucia. Had anyone been? Worth it? Lots of bugs? Any tips?

iwantsomesun Mon 21-Oct-19 18:30:54

Stayed at the Hideaway last year. Tripadvisor seems to have loads of complaints about food poisoning, but we had no issues.
Rooms are lovely, horseshoe shape of buildings means nothing is too far away. Better level of alcohol for Hideaway and the adult pool & restaurants are not as busy.
The rest of the resort is used by everyone. All the restaurants are good & you just turn up (if they haven't got space immediately, they'll give you a pager for when it's ready). You will not go hungry or thirsty.
Evening entertainment is poor. They are part of a chain so the whole resort is a blueprint of exactly what you would get at any of them (regardless of which country you are in). The only Looshan vibe you will get will come from the guys behind the bars.
It's situated in the far north, there is nothing near by if you want to explore the area. The main tourist attractions are in the bottom half of the island, but they will offer trips (approx. 60-150 USD per person - depending on what you want).
Would I return there - yes, if I wanted a chilled out beach holiday, but not if this was my one & only chance to experience St Lucia.
I visit St Lucia a lot (3 or 4 visits a year), so have stayed at a few of the resorts. Let me know if you have any specific questions or if you give me your 'must haves' I may be able to suggest some options that would suit.

JorisBonson Mon 21-Oct-19 18:42:55

@iwantsomesun this is amazing, thank you. We're planning on going Feb(ish) 2021 for our honeymoon, only for a week. For luxury / relaxing / eating and drinking as much as I can it seems to fit the bill.

iwantsomesun Tue 22-Oct-19 07:16:33

@JorisBonson
You will have an amazing honeymoon. The weather is good in February.
If you are able to take a tour, choose one that is by boat (the island looks completely different from the outside & pods of dolphins will often join you). Make sure it includes the volcano tour & mud baths. You will get great views of the Pitons & they'll stop off for snorkelling, all whilst telling you stories of the island & plying you with rum!

JorisBonson Tue 22-Oct-19 11:03:37

Rum, volcanoes and dolphins? Sold!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »