Talk

Advanced search

Jamaica Runaway Bay

(5 Posts)
EarlyBird123 Sun 13-Oct-19 09:43:32

Hi! DP and I are going to Jamaica at the end of November, we will be staying in Runaway Bay. We are only going for a week. What excursions do you recommend? We would like to do 2, maybe 3 and relax the rest of the time.

UmmH Sun 13-Oct-19 10:53:20

Green Grotto Caves and Cranbrook Flower Forest are both in the local area.

Head east towards Ocho Rios for Dunns River Falls. From Ocho Rios you can also get the Knutsford Express coaches (very comfy and a/c) to other parts of the country, e.g. Falmouth and Kingston. Falmouth is a UNESCO world heritage town. If you head to Kingston, visit Devon House, a beautiful 19th century mansion and grounds which also produces the best ice cream ever!

From Runaway Bay if you head west by taxi you can visit Rose Hall and hear highly improbable tales of the witch who lived there in the 1700s. While the house itself is impressive in size, a more historically interesting property is Greenwood Great House, also in a westerly direction.

I'll let you know if I recall any more. Enjoy!

UmmH Sun 13-Oct-19 15:19:23

Oh, I forgot a night trip to Glistening Waters, which is also a short westward journey from Runaway Bay.

EarlyBird123 Sun 13-Oct-19 18:34:35

Thank you! That’s very helpful! smile

UmmH Sun 13-Oct-19 19:34:54

You're welcome smile. PM me if you'd like to ask anything else. And be sure to come back and tell us all about it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »