Talk

Advanced search

Abu Dhabi with a 5 month old

(4 Posts)
QRCode Sat 26-Oct-19 11:35:33

You will find baby changing rooms and feeding rooms in all ladies' bathrooms in malls etc. Public breastfeeding is not a thing in the UAE.

mrshadders Sun 06-Oct-19 09:46:14

Thanks for the tips @Teddybear45 !

Teddybear45 Fri 04-Oct-19 09:53:25

Take a seat belt car seat as they don’t really use them in the UAE and it’s difficult to buy.

In terms of baby friendliness the UAE is great. Every restaurant, even the most high end, will welcome babies and you will be offered baby food or hot water for formula. If you do breastfeed I recommend you bring a blanket or a shawl as privacy screens are either not available everywhere or reserved for muslim only groups.

In terms of managing heat - just be sensible. Not a good idea to take the baby out between 11-3 unless you are going from air conditioned hotel to air conditioned car to another air conditioned building. Reserve all the outdoor tourist activities for either 9-11 or after 4pm.

Definitely go to Sheikh Zayed mosque, the louvre and the etihad towers for the view. I would suggest skipping yas waterworld / warned bros world as there isn’t really much to do for a baby that young - there are family water areas that people do bring babies to but it’s not worth the price of entry. Yas Island might be better.

mrshadders Fri 04-Oct-19 09:41:52

Hi all
Hope this is the right section for my question! We are off to Abu Dhabi in November for our wedding anniversary with our 5 month old daughter. Does anyone have any tips for -
A) travelling with a baby this age
B) things to do in Abu Dhabi
C) smaller practicalities ie. what's the car seat situation? Do we have to take our own?

Any advice greatly welcomed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »