Talk

Advanced search

Florida villa advice

(16 Posts)
PoptartPoptart Mon 30-Sep-19 16:56:32

We are looking to stay in a private villa in Orlando/Kissimmee next summer. We need 3 bedrooms and ideally want a private screened pool.

Can anyone recommend one, or recommend a company to book through?

I’ve seen a lot of villas advertised through Debbie's Villas. Has anyone used them? Or can you recommend any other company?

Thanks.

mummymeister Tue 01-Oct-19 15:07:01

the best villa we ever stayed in was on sunset lakes. brilliant location and very quiet. if you go into homeaway or airbnb and look for this you will find some on there.

Undies1990 Tue 01-Oct-19 15:23:03

We, and several friends, have stayed in hamletfloridavilla.com. Very reasonable prices, 30 min from Orlando airport and no more than 30 min from Disney, Universal etc. You will need a car. Lovely, quiet gated community. I'd love to go back - enjoy!

Shodan Tue 01-Oct-19 16:01:35

We used homeaway.co.uk for our villa this year and stayed in the Windsor Hills area. Ours was a 4 bed so bigger than you need, but very reasonable and absolutely stunning.

We didn't hire a car but used Uber and Lyft and it worked out very well.

QuitMoaning Wed 02-Oct-19 18:34:09

I can second Windsor Hills. Stayed there about 5 years ago and if we go back, would stay there in a heartbeat.

PrettyPurse Wed 02-Oct-19 18:37:32

Are you on Facebook? There are verified groups that have been fully vetted by the admins on there.

Last time we went we stayed here:

www.a-kfloridavilla.com

PrettyPurse Wed 02-Oct-19 18:39:45

And used this car hire:

www.caronthedrive.com

FairyBunnyAgain Wed 02-Oct-19 18:41:49

Try thedibb.co.uk I am a member of the site and have booked villas through the other members

Mixingitall Wed 02-Oct-19 18:45:08

We have also stayed on Windsor Hills. It’s close to the gates of Disney and just off the 192 for shops and restaurants.

The resort itself has a club house and pool with slides and play grounds etc.

Borntobeamum Wed 02-Oct-19 18:48:06

Waving at Fairy. I’m a Dibber too!!!! X

EggysMom Wed 02-Oct-19 19:09:57

@PrettyPurse How was the service with that company? I've just looked at their website and it looks brilliant, the one thing I'm worried about is being expected to go straight from airport to a hire car (wrong side of the road) and then find our way to a villa by satnav ...

PrettyPurse Wed 02-Oct-19 19:28:20

@EggysMom - it was excellent. Was so glad we did it for exactly those reasons! We were so tired after the travelling and arrived in their night so was dark too.

We are using them again when we return in 2021.

PrettyPurse Wed 02-Oct-19 19:32:27

It also meant ....as there was 5 of us....we didn't have to hire a massive car to fit luggage in as they collected us in a minibus. So we didn't have to drive around in a huge car all holiday. Just a normal size one!

EggysMom Wed 02-Oct-19 20:27:26

So we didn't have to drive around in a huge car all holiday. Just a normal size one! I hadn't thought of that. We'll have extra luggage for our son's medical needs, so was thinking we'd need an SUV. But maybe we could downgrade the car size, as it'll only be used for bustling about, so long as warned them about the luggage at pickup. Definitely food for thought, thanks!

whoamitojudge Wed 09-Oct-19 16:37:39

We are soon going back to our second stay at Highlands Reserve and booked through James Villas.
Great location and very helpful staff too

SeaViewBliss Wed 09-Oct-19 16:41:38

We have used Orlando Rental Villas and also Dial a Flight - both great service and reasonable prices.

I also recommend the DIBB.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »