loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to india wth a 2 yr old?

(11 Posts)
streetwise Sun 12-Aug-07 13:27:27

We're thinking abot it...

streetwise Sun 12-Aug-07 17:31:33

We're going on honeymoon in December. And we want to go somewhere special. India might not be the best option for little ones though.

Peachy Sun 12-Aug-07 17:42:21

Depends entirely where you go, i'd have thought. Stay in a touristy place would be OK for example, but if you want to do the night train across Indoa thing leavce the baby at home (my friend nearly died on one of those trains, pushed under the train in the scrabble for a place).

personally, i'd say yes with a breastfed newbi, no otherwise until maybe 5.

kerala Sun 12-Aug-07 17:45:01

My only worry would be the food. Different standards of hygiene even in upmarket places - immature immune systems not brought up there may be unable to cope

harrisey Tue 21-Aug-07 00:39:24

I've taken a 16 months old to Guatemala - I'd say go, but I am generally regarded as a nutter lol

For us the worst bit was the jags before we went, and the flight. Once we were there it was a doddle! When we went to Guate our others were 5 and 3 and it was great. So great we are gong again in the spring with them aged 4.6.8. Be adventurous - I think it does kids good and helps them develop!

JennaJ Wed 22-Aug-07 08:46:25

Go.....

You will have an amazing time! Buy decent travel insurance, get all your jabs and take some immodium and dioralyte just in case...then enjoy.

I have taken my kids all over. They are 3 and 6 now. Its SO good for them to experience different cultures and ways of living. I find the kids are generally usually more adaptable than the adults on the trips...less worried by bugs, food and language than us. Unconcerned by safety issues with hotels and transport etc. As a parent it makes your trip very diffrent, you have to be much more aware of what the children are up to and where they are than in the UK. Food and water has to be regulated..although we have never had any problems with this anywhere! Our next trip is in october..backpacking with 2 adults and 5 children all under 8yrs old..staying in basic hostels, eating local food etc

Im sure I will get jumped on for saying this as I know people have very different opinions than me on travelling with children!!

FioFio Wed 22-Aug-07 08:47:29

Message withdrawn

FioFio Wed 22-Aug-07 08:48:40

Message withdrawn

Joybelles Thu 20-Sep-07 22:47:11

Girls! What kind of place do you think India now is?!! Only a tiger economy with a middle class growing so big that one day we'll be begging them for jobs!! I took my 11 month old to Kerala to meet his Indian grandparents and travelling around was no problem at all. Any half decent restaurant will do a mild dahl when requested for little ones. Standards of hygiene? Indians are obsessively clean and in most small towns you can find a decent place to eat. Which part of India were you thinking of heading to? Know lots about Kerara if that's any help. Go, go, go!envy

stitch Thu 20-Sep-07 22:48:44

go

slotnicki Mon 01-Oct-07 18:19:42

Joybelles

Would love to go to Kerala - is there anywhere that you'd particulalrly recommend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now