Talk

Advanced search

Disney Beach Club Resort

(11 Posts)
tastylancs Fri 27-Sep-19 14:18:04

I'm booked to go here in May with DH and DC. Not been before and we are treating ourselves to club level, even though I'm not entirely sure what it is. Something to do with a different breakfast and snacks and concierge... My mum is now planning to join us which I'm really pleased about but I can't get her a club level room. Does that mean she will be in a different part of the hotel? Separate restaurants?

Trying to call Disney but can't get through...

OP’s posts: |
Quartz2208 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:22:27

Different floor - you will have a key that can access in the lift the club level floor

www.mousehacking.com/blog/disney-beach-club-stone-harbor-club-level-review

Have you sgined up to mydisneyexperience yet

BaconAndAvocado Sat 28-Sep-19 09:55:08

Watching this with interest as we've booked to stay at the Beach Club next August too, but not club level.

Very excited as we've stayed onsite before!

AlwaysCheddar Sun 29-Sep-19 08:24:57

So your mum won’t be able to access the club room. You’ll get breakfast, snacks, drinks etc there. So how will breakfast work - she’ll go on her own elsewhere. Can’t she upgrade too?

tastylancs Sun 29-Sep-19 23:01:51

Cheddar that's what I was worried about - don't want my mum having to have breakfast on her own. She can't get club level without paying crazy money, far more than what we paid. And she won't use the health club so it's only the breakfast and free drinks and snacks. We do all have the Disney dining plan though so I wonder whether we can all eat in the main restaurant together as part of that?

Quartz2208 Mon 30-Sep-19 07:16:10

I get the impression you have not done much research given your idea of a main restaurant and what the Disney dining plan is!
First off get yourself on mydisneyexperience if you are going in May the restaurant reservations will be open in November
Go on thedibb (Disney forum) and it’s orlando time

MarshmallowsOnToast Mon 30-Sep-19 09:45:02

Wow if you have the Dining Plan you really won't need any extra snacks or free breakfast in the club room.

Not sure you realise just how much food you get on the dining plan! It's a lot!

Also don't know what you mean by the main restaurant? Most resorts have multiple restaurants within them. You can use your dining plan at 99% of all of the restaurants within WDW including your resort, other resorts and all the parks.

BobbyGentry Mon 30-Sep-19 13:59:14

Excluding breakfast you maybe able to ask if your mum can join you for evening drinks (happy hour) and hors d'oeuvres in the club level as your guest?

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 30-Sep-19 14:02:18

I wouldn't go club level if you have the dining plan, it's a massive amount of food

tastylancs Mon 30-Sep-19 21:29:56

Ooooh I'm so excited now!!! The Disney dining plan was a free add on to the booking so I didn't pay much attention to it. Maybe you're right Brillo, club level and its free continental breakfast may lose appeal if we can all eat at some vast American buffet somewhere. Quartz you are spot on - my research is, well, this is it so far! But I will get on to the Disney experience site and start to make restaurant reservations in November. Thanks for the tips - any more gratefully received!

Quartz2208 Mon 30-Sep-19 21:48:49

We are at the Beach Club for Christmas (stayed at Yacht Club before as well as a few others) so know how daunting it can be for the first time you visit!

You also get a refillable mug for the resorts which gets you drinks. A sitdown table service credit, a quickservice credit and a snack credit per day. Have a look at this allears.net/dining/menu as that shows you all the restaurants and there menus so you can get an idea of whats what.

What ages are your DC - are their any characters they are interestied in

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in