Talk

Advanced search

visitor visa for Oz

(7 Posts)
sweetas Sat 11-Aug-07 00:00:43

we fly to Australia in 4 weeks but haven't got our visas yet! where is the best place to get them from?

RuthChan Sat 11-Aug-07 16:07:28

You can get them over the internet.
All you need to do is click here and have a credit card handy.
Easy.

eidsvold Sun 12-Aug-07 11:08:05

what ruth said. Electronic visas.

sweetas Sun 12-Aug-07 16:18:30

Ruth have you used this service before? as the link you have given me is charges AUS$20 service charge for each application am wondering if that is the cost including the visa fee? Also says you can only pay by credit card, I don't have one of those!

Seems that there are a lot of places you can buy visas online with a range of prices I have just found one that charges 10 pounds for an adult and 5 per child (sorry can't locate the pound sign on BIL computer!)

RuthChan Mon 13-Aug-07 14:59:35

Hi Sweetas
Yes, I bought visas for my DH and I when we went to Oz in 2005.
I didn't realise they were different prices on different sites. As far as I can remember, I just used the official one.
Yes, AS$20 sounds about right and that should include the price of the visa.
I'm afraid I'm not sure what to suggest about the credit card thing because that's how I paid.

RuthChan Mon 13-Aug-07 15:07:28

Hi again
I just had a look on the web.
It says that other than applying on line, you can also get the visas through some travel agents and through Australian visa offices.
Maybe you should try one of those options if you want to get one without using a credit card.

sweetas Sat 18-Aug-07 12:38:25

Thank you RC will get on to it today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now