Talk

Advanced search

Flight prices to Costa Rica?

(5 Posts)
Bigoystershell Tue 20-Aug-19 12:28:13

I'm wanting to book flights for the end of July/early August next year. I know they should come out 11 months in advance, but wanted to get an idea of what I should be able to get them for. Has anyone got recent experience they'd be happy to share?

OP’s posts: |
SJane48S Tue 20-Aug-19 18:07:06

We went 3 years ago flying BA so Gatwick to San Jose direct. I booked on release (so the year before) and it was about £2300 for the 3 of us. That might have gone up since obviously! It was a great holiday so worth every penny! It is rainy season then (so you’ll find some deals on accommodation) but in practice that was just one thunderstorm a day, usually in the afternoon or evening and not unpleasant to watch from a hammock with a glass of wine!

2catsand2kids Tue 20-Aug-19 22:26:04

It depends if you want to fly direct or if you’re willing to have a stop. We’ve paid £490 per person with Air France flying to San Jose via Paris. I found sky scanner really helpful to keep an idea on prices.

Bigoystershell Wed 21-Aug-19 22:19:39

Thank you both, that's really helpful. I'm up north so unfortunately not handy for Gatwick. I've set up a sky scanner alert so will keep a look. Can't wait!

OP’s posts: |
PenguinsRabbits Mon 26-Aug-19 18:13:15

We got a TUI package but I looked up how much the flights only were at that point (maybe Feb for August couple of years ago) and it was £3k for 2 adults, 2 children (10 and 11 then) direct London to Liberia in Costa Rica. BA pricing was similar.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in