Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do in Las Vegs

(12 Posts)
Trix11 Sun 05-Aug-07 15:34:45

My dh has just booked for us to go to Vegas for 5 nights in Dec for the Hatton fight. Im really excited and want to get to see the Grand Canyon. I did not realise it was so far from Vegas - what is the best way to book this trip, do we wait till we get there or book now in advance and is it best to go by plane or helicopter. Also what else would you do in Las Vegas. We are staying in the Mandalay Bay hotel. I am so excited.

Any tips anyone?

tiredemma Sun 05-Aug-07 15:36:21

I can barely type, im so jealous.

Trix11 Sun 05-Aug-07 15:38:31

Well it really is a one off for us. We will have to tighten the belt even further (if thats possible? to go.

melsy Sun 05-Aug-07 15:55:14

what doooo lol , its the maddest place on earth, you can do anything! Mandaly is lovely , one of the slightly calmer ones lol.We stayed there 5yrs ago. Visit Four seasons attached to it through the underground walkway. Theres a very lovely charlie palmers steak place in between the two.

1 visit all the other mad hotels (use the monorail thingy to get to some).
2 shop in fashion mall
3 shop in every hotel! dont miss Cesears palace , venetian, New york
4 go to seafood buffet at the rio
5 go on rides at luxor
6 go the top of the tower
7 watch the treasure island boat pirate fight thing

melsy Sun 05-Aug-07 15:56:57

no 6 is the Stratosphere btw , horrid area right up the strip , cheesy place but good views in the restaurant at the top.

Trix11 Sun 05-Aug-07 16:09:53

Thanks Melsy - everyone says its the best place to go to. What about the grand canyon?

copycat Sun 05-Aug-07 16:15:25

I would recommend taking a helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon and, personally, I would book before you go. If you google 'helicopter trips over Grand Canyon' you will find loads of different options and you can shop around for the best price. The flight will include transfers to and from your hotel and the airfield is not far away. As we had our children with us, we booked a trip that included landing at a Ranch for lunch and a horse/pony ride but other trips will land you on the canyon 'floor' and provide a barbeque lunch and pontoon boat ride down the river.

melsy Sun 05-Aug-07 16:22:04

Granbd Canyon is a great place ,Ive never done it from LV, always gone there to stay. we stayed at the El tovar, check it out if you go , have a coffee there ooh and check out the gift shop accross the car park,it gives you a real taste of the south west I LOVE IT THERE, it was really cold when we went so left a day early. Oh and dont miss the Bright Angel lodge , has a little museum inside.

Alibobster Mon 06-Aug-07 16:25:56

Book a show. MGM Grand usually has some good acts. Have seen David Copperfield and Tom Jones and both were terrific. Lucky you, I love Vegas

Snoots Wed 22-Aug-07 19:38:06

Book babysitter from nannys and housekeepers USA. They are absolutely fantastic. We just got married in July out there and we needed to have the kids looked after on a couple of evenings. We had Linda (who was just like your favourite granny) and she was fantastic. I am nervous nerys when it comes to leaving my children and I was so relieved. Go for it!!

triplets Sun 26-Aug-07 22:31:24

Hi,
We have just got back from a 4 week adventure to Calif/Arizona! We had two nights in The Venetian in Vegas, oh WOW! We had an 1100 sq ft suite over looking the Strip, just the most beautiful hotel to be in. We took the kids to Caesars Palace, watched the volcano at the Mirage, Bellagio, oh its endless. The highlight for us though was The Phantom of the Opera in the Venetian, my threee sat spellbound and stood up and clapped and clapped, unforgetable. Have fun and enjoy!

bigspender30 Wed 29-Aug-07 20:55:24

you could always renew your wedding vows!
We got married in Vegas and I went to the Grand Canyon on my wedding day with the girls and had a champagne lunch. We took a helicopter-much quicker.Gave us great views over Hoover Dam too. I am v jealous. You will have a great time !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now