Talk

Advanced search

Helicopter ride in Vegas

(7 Posts)
Jessie40 Tue 06-Aug-19 08:51:09

We off to California soon ending in Vegas and would like to do a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon.
We have looked but so many companies offer different packages we don't know who/what to choose.
Also book before we go or when we are there?
Any recommendations would be great.
Thank you

OP’s posts: |
ExplodingCarrots Tue 06-Aug-19 08:57:06

I done the gran canyon helicopter trip as part of my honeymoon to Vegas last year. We had a booked a package with Bullets & Burgers where we done a helicopter ride over the gran canyon and then landed and had a champagne picnic (we had to have orange juice as we were shooting so the couple who flew with us had more fizz smile) . We then flew out to the shooting range. The helicopter company that done the trip were Sundance helicopters. I would highly recommend them as the pilot was really fun and had a tonne of knowledge. If we went again and was just doing a helicopter trip I'd book direct with them.

ExplodingCarrots Tue 06-Aug-19 08:57:10

I done the gran canyon helicopter trip as part of my honeymoon to Vegas last year. We had a booked a package with Bullets & Burgers where we done a helicopter ride over the gran canyon and then landed and had a champagne picnic (we had to have orange juice as we were shooting so the couple who flew with us had more fizz smile) . We then flew out to the shooting range. The helicopter company that done the trip were Sundance helicopters. I would highly recommend them as the pilot was really fun and had a tonne of knowledge. If we went again and was just doing a helicopter trip I'd book direct with them.

ExplodingCarrots Tue 06-Aug-19 08:59:40

Oh and we booked before hand . BUT when we walked down the strip you are approached by companies offering good deals so I don't know if it's worth waiting until you arrive as they're all competing with each other. If you want to guarantee a day/time I'd book beforehand.

bestbefore Sun 11-Aug-19 00:40:10

We were on a good trip with papillon - it's a brilliant experiment. Booked before we went so I could forget about the eye watering cost!

https://www.papillon.com/las-vegas-tours/?gclid=CjwKCAjw1rnqBRAAEiwAr29II-MNbp5Ac49Eo1JWWGG89sDYMjzRKypSHqUWeEVZDRRPzdNxtvwGBoCICQQAvDD_BwE

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Sun 11-Aug-19 00:42:07

Five Star Tours - booked before we went. Well worth it, fantastic trip

MemorialBeach Tue 13-Aug-19 08:09:34

Not sure if you are aware, but the helicopter trip goes to the Grand canyon West, which isn't part of the Grand canyon national park, and while impressive is nothing like the parts of the canyon within the park. I did the trip by plane to the Grand Canyon South and the views were utterly awe inspiring. I booked in advance, through Papillon.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in