Talk

Advanced search

How to follow up awesome Xcaret

(33 Posts)
PotteryLottery Mon 05-Aug-19 10:48:24

Just back from a brill holiday at Xcaret, Xplor and Xenses whilst staying at the Occidental in Mexico's Riviera Maya.

This holiday is going to be hard to beat, so what next year??? DD will be 11.

Happy to answer any q.s about Xcaret etc before the post hol blues kick in.

OP’s posts: |
slalomsuki Mon 05-Aug-19 10:53:15

Not sure as we are just back from there also and it would be hard to beat

slalomsuki Mon 05-Aug-19 10:53:24

slalomsuki Mon 05-Aug-19 10:53:33

slalomsuki Mon 05-Aug-19 10:56:11

Sorry for the 3 posts but it really was that great.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 05-Aug-19 10:59:01

hmm

IHeartKingThistle Mon 05-Aug-19 10:59:08

hmm

IHeartKingThistle Mon 05-Aug-19 10:59:13

hmm

IHeartKingThistle Mon 05-Aug-19 10:59:16

hmm

IHeartKingThistle Mon 05-Aug-19 10:59:40

hmm

IHeartKingThistle Mon 05-Aug-19 10:59:47

hmm

IHeartKingThistle Mon 05-Aug-19 11:00:14

grin

babasaclover Mon 05-Aug-19 12:05:15

I want to go there and plan to do a package with BA that includes access to the park thing next to it. Is it worth it?

AlpenCrazy Mon 05-Aug-19 15:40:50

Ooh we are off to Riviera Maya shortly!

Top tips for excursions etc pls! Thinking of swimming with whale sharks, and POSs one of the eco parks. Plus snorkelling w turtles in Akumal - anyone done that without a guide? Used a collectivo?

FWIW we are considering Costa Rica for next year

PotteryLottery Mon 05-Aug-19 22:49:52

Xcaret Park is totally worth it. We paid for unlimited access via Occidental (for the price of 2 days) and went for at least 6 half days over 2 weeks, returning to our hotel for lunch and to chill.

We took a private tour to Chichen Itza. Long journey but totally worth it.

The photo packages at the parks are £££ buf we had blast looking at them this evening.

Kaddm Mon 05-Aug-19 23:04:33

My teen randomly asked about going to Mexico.

Do you mind posting a rough cost for the holiday or flights/hotel (we are 2 adults and 2 kids although teen may be adult category)? Or who with/how you booked?

Also have you got a link to the tour people for chichen itza?

Love looking at holidays on the Internet!

PotteryLottery Mon 05-Aug-19 23:11:26

Flights and AI with Tui c.£2K each for 14 nights. Excursions extra. I used www.localtoursriviera.com/ for Chichen Itza.

Hope this helps.

Kaddm Mon 05-Aug-19 23:29:43

Thanks will enjoy looking!

slalomsuki Tue 06-Aug-19 02:18:26

We booked via First Choice which was £700 cheaper than Tui for 5 of us despite being the same company. It was £8K for 3 adults and 2 teens in 2 rooms which was a good deal.

Trips were extra. We did Chitzen Itza via a private tour booked in the resort and went zip wireing in to a cenota and over the jungle top. Not my idea but fun never the less. We had unlimited pass to Xcarat booked via the hotel which we used about 6 times including just for the show in the evening. We did discover a way in to the park by accident that didn't require tickets but we only used that once.

Loved it and did have a nice relaxing family holiday.

babasaclover Tue 06-Aug-19 06:47:57

@PotteryLottery thank you so much. I will defo book the park option. Have you checked BA for prices? They do one that includes park access. Depending on time of year it can be very reasonable

babasaclover Tue 06-Aug-19 06:48:56

@PotteryLottery thank you so much. I will defo book the park option. Have you checked BA for prices? They do one that includes park access. Depending on time of year it can be very reasonable.

Also, with chichen itza, was there much walking to get to the site? Like an hour or more like 4/5 hard trek?

Thank you

babasaclover Tue 06-Aug-19 06:49:04

@PotteryLottery thank you so much. I will defo book the park option. Have you checked BA for prices? They do one that includes park access. Depending on time of year it can be very reasonable.

Also, with chichen itza, was there much walking to get to the site? Like an hour or more like 4/5 hard trek?

Thank you

babasaclover Tue 06-Aug-19 07:04:26

Thank you

babasaclover Tue 06-Aug-19 07:04:30

Thank you

babasaclover Tue 06-Aug-19 07:04:43

Thank you

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in