Talk

Advanced search

New York City -where to stay

(10 Posts)
Smallandfriendly Sat 27-Jul-19 18:29:24

I understand that Air B&B and similar short term rentals are illegal.
We are wanting a kitchen/kitchenette and 2 bedrooms - can anyone recommend an apartment hotel that offers this?
Mid range budget, not needing anything fancy, fairly central to touristy stuff.
Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
ZaraW Sat 27-Jul-19 19:12:31

We've stayed up in Harlem close to 125th Street. You can get apartments for a reasonable price.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 27-Jul-19 19:27:12

Would not recommend staying in the Harlem area due to its distance from midtown. There are some suite based hotels in midtown that could suit your needs better.

Candle wood suites on 39th street is suite based and has a kitchen area. They serve breakfast too as part of the room rate.

Teddybear45 Sat 27-Jul-19 19:32:19

I’d recommend the vanderbilt ymca youth hostel. You can book private family rooms and have access to their kitchen facilities. It’s also really, really safe which an apartment isn’t always, and tends to be populated mostly by young Asian professionals.

Pastaalldaylong Sat 27-Jul-19 19:36:26

Innside by Melia Nomad was great for us.
Location was important to us and this was perfect, close to subway and station but on a quiet street.

Smallandfriendly Sat 27-Jul-19 19:47:47

Thanks, looking at these.
Innside Melia rooms don’t seem to have a kitchen?
Candle wood a possibility.
Definitely want our own kitchen rather than sharing.

Pastaalldaylong Sat 27-Jul-19 20:11:48

Sorry i misread that you wanted a kitchen!

Owlbabie5 Sun 28-Jul-19 10:56:11

We’re staying in the Affinia Gardens as I speak. There are 5 of us including 3 teens and we are in a one bed apartment with a proper kitchen. They do 2 bed apartment suites but I think 6 would fit in a one bed too. The suites are huuuuge. All the beds are really comfy and the kitchen is great( although it could do with a colandergrin). There is a very expensive supermarket near by but we are very near Central Park and found a Trader Joe the other side. We did loads of research,there is a 2 bed apartment in Radio City but it goes quick, I’m really glad we didn’t get it as this hotel is in a quieter nicer area. We booked ours through BA and found it more reasonable when you booked flights too.

Smallandfriendly Sun 28-Jul-19 18:38:28

Hi Owlbabies - what’s the bed arrangements with 5 of you? We are 2 adults, 2 teens, don’t really want to all share the one bedroom!

Owlbabie5 Mon 29-Jul-19 01:16:14

There are two huuuuge beds in the bedroom. My 15,year old twin sons are sharing one and we’re sharing the other. Dd is on a huge comfy double pull out sofabed in the lounge area, there is also a pull out chair you could sleep on. She likes having her own tv.It’s packed away during the day.There is also a dining area.We’re in NYC for a week and doing loads so crash as soon as our heads hit the pillow. You could stick your teens on the sofa bed if you wanted.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in