Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Florida / Universal way way in advance!

(5 Posts)
Ronnie27 Fri 26-Jul-19 07:50:04

Just wondering if anybody has ever booked this way. I was desperate to take the kids this or maybe next year but changed jobs at Christmas and DH has his own business which is quite new so the expense wasn’t justifiable - Greece it is for us this summer!

Was chatting to a woman at work who is going to Orlando this year and she said she booked almost three years previously and paid it off beforehand. This would be ideal for us to look at for next year or even the year after and get ahead of ourselves before going as a once in a lifetime thing before the dc get too old.

How would I go about doing something similar, does anyone have any experience or know of any companies? Many thanks!

OP’s posts: |
stucknoue Fri 26-Jul-19 08:11:10

Many companies allow you to book two years ahead but be aware there's lots of disclaimers saying they may change the details! Far better is to set up a dedicated savings account and transfer money monthly, then start looking 6 months out when prices start to come down. It's an amazing experience but ensure you live for now not in the future because life can have it's ups and downs.

Ronnie27 Fri 26-Jul-19 08:20:06

That’s good advice, thank you! Was wondering if it might be better to put money aside as it’s also so difficult to plan dates etc so far in advance!

OP’s posts: |
avalanching Fri 26-Jul-19 15:39:07

Flights aren't released until 11 months prior so it's not always the most cost effective way of doing it as providers have to predict. If you're interested in staying on site Disney free dining is released April for the following year, so looking next spring would be a good time for 2021.

I know it's not very exciting but may be better to just save and research and hold off booking until 12-18 months in advance.

BaconAndAvocado Sun 28-Jul-19 22:46:39

We booked in April just gone for August 2020.

We pay a bit off each month. We've done this twice before and no details were altered.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in