Talk

Advanced search

Which Orlando hotel would you choose from these two?

(14 Posts)
keymay Wed 17-Jul-19 10:39:40

Hi!

So we've got a week planned in Orlando in a few months and can't decide which hotel to choose from.

We're planning a few days in the parks and a couple of days around the pool.

Narrowed it down to these two as they both have kitchens and 2 bedrooms.

Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas Near Disney

Or

The Grove Resort Orlando

We won't be driving so will rely on Uber.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

X

HermioneWeasley Wed 17-Jul-19 15:41:10

Have you checked them both out on trip advisor?

tanstaafl Wed 17-Jul-19 19:59:54

The Groves has the water park , but is it for residents only or general public too?
Also looks like a newer build. On the downside it’s 20-30 mins away from Walt Disney Parcs.
We’ve stayed at Floridays which is across the road from the Sheraton place. Like that area for convenience to the parks, the I4 and restaurants if we wanted to treat ourselves in the evening.
There is a Publix supermarket next door (almost) to Floridays.

Most places have apartment design with kitchen, lounge and two or more bedrooms, how did you settle on these two OP if I may ask?

elastamum Wed 17-Jul-19 20:11:29

We used to stay at the Sheraton resort when we went to Orlando and it was very nice. They used to have an online delivery shop and would stock the apartment with food for you. I can't imagine doing Orlando without a car, but that was in the days before Uber

keymay Wed 17-Jul-19 20:27:59

@HermioneWeasley

I've had a look and both score similar but for different things. Grove is newer but further away from the attractions. Sheraton is closer but older

keymay Wed 17-Jul-19 20:29:35

@tanstaafl

Both places have a kitchen and are within our budget. Not sure if I should go for new furnishing/resort at the grove or closer to the attractions at the Sheraton

keymay Wed 17-Jul-19 20:31:42

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm edging towards Sheraton but think husband likes grove.

Wineoclock19 Wed 17-Jul-19 20:33:01

I would go for the Sheraton, we have been the Disney world a few times now staying in different hotels! Uber’s get pricey very quickly, staying at the Sheraton puts you within walking distance to Disney springs where you can get buses directly to the parks for free. It’s not on your door step but will save you $$!

underneaththeash Thu 18-Jul-19 17:53:24

I stayed in Sheraton a few years ago and it was good, but I wouldn’t want to stay there without a car. Excluding Disney, you’ll want to go to the supermarket, eat out in the evenings. It’ll be much cheaper to get a car.

HermioneWeasley Thu 18-Jul-19 19:38:13

I didn’t think you could get buses from Disney springs to the parks? Or everyone would park there for free and then bus in. I think you have to get a bus to one of the resorts and then to the parks

BritWifeinUSA Fri 19-Jul-19 05:01:29

I don’t know how people can visit this country (apart from the big cities) and not drive. It’ll be so much more convenient for you.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 19-Jul-19 12:30:12

The Grove is a long way out from anywhere, even Disney(which is 30 mins away so not close to Disney) and particularly the Universal parks.

If you did not want to drive at all I would look instead at one of the hotels on International Drive, particularly those based south of Sandlake Road. There are some suite based hotels and there are plenty of restaurants and other facilities in the general area.

keymay Sat 20-Jul-19 01:29:05

Thanks for everyone's replies.

We've decided on Sheraton due to the location mainly.

As we're not driving, we'll be using Uber mainly and being a bit closer to things should help keep the costs down a little

Wineoclock19 Fri 02-Aug-19 17:44:49

Yes! Sorry my mistake you can get buses to resorts, then buses from resorts directly to parks and they run every 10 mins or so, so hardly any waiting around. Mind you would be a bit of a nightmare not being direct.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »