Talk

Advanced search

Hotel in Bangkok

(21 Posts)
mysteryfairy Sat 13-Jul-19 19:54:34

Any recommendations for a hotel in Bangkok. Travelling without children and wanting something 5* but not prohibitive so sadly not the mandarin oriental. I’m just a bit overfaced by the options - peninsula, banyan tree? We have gazillions of Hyatt points but seems a bit boring to stay in a Hyatt unless someone knows one is amazing (and I personally think they are better saved for Boston, San Francisco etc where all accommodation options cost a fortune.)

Thisisme12345 Sat 13-Jul-19 20:26:48

Dusit Thani

mysteryfairy Sat 13-Jul-19 20:29:18

Thanks - have had a look but currently closed sad

FoggyDay58 Sat 13-Jul-19 20:30:20

I went to the okura prestige on honeymoon and it was amazing.

roundligament Sat 13-Jul-19 20:35:17

Mandarin residence on wireless rd

w8mum Sat 13-Jul-19 21:22:17

If you are able to redeem your Hyatt points for the Park Hyatt, you won't be disappointed. It's the most "luxe" of the Hyatt brands so rooms are top notch and service will be smiling eager to please Asian and 10x better than in N America! It's also connected to Central Mall and a Sky train station.

ShanghaiDiva Sun 14-Jul-19 03:45:38

Not 5 * but I love this hotel.
www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d1210398-Reviews-Ariyasomvilla-Bangkok.html

MardAsSnails Sun 14-Jul-19 03:55:29

DH works there a lot and usually stays at the Grand Hyatt. Good location right on the sky train, and good value. However, Park Hyatt definitely worth it if you have points.

Can usually get St Regis for decent money for that level of hotel.

DH currently in the anantara Siam and says good things about it. It’s the second time he’s stayed there which says a lot for him!

Chapellass Sun 14-Jul-19 23:27:46

The Siam, the Peninsula or the Anantara Riverside Resort. Stay on the river. The Oriental is v lovely if you can find a deal...

SarBear1980 Fri 19-Jul-19 13:19:06

Lebua at State Tower pre child was our 5* treat after a month in Vietnamese hostels and oh my it was amazing! The bar is insane and if you get a deal they have cocktail hour included and the spa and view is one of the best! We were there in August and watched a storm come in and over the whole city - insane views from up high!

TeaAndTrifle Sat 27-Jul-19 15:47:05

We very recently stayed 3 nights at the Anantara Riverside and it was beautiful. One of the loveliest hotels I've been to.

CalmFizz Sat 27-Jul-19 15:54:47

Bangkok has lots of wonderful hotels for the price of a premier inn!

Last year I stayed at an aparthotel which was really spacious in a good area, and the akara hotel, had more of a boutique vibe with good facilities/rooftop pool.

ByeByeBike Sat 27-Jul-19 16:02:54

www.bpresidence.com/rooms.php my (well travelled and normally quite fussy) friends stayed here, and they said it's their favourite hotel ever

huhpuh Sat 27-Jul-19 16:10:12

Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit. Lovely pool area, right on sky train and loads to eat, drink and shop all around.

Secretsout Sun 28-Jul-19 15:25:26

We have just returned from Bangkok. I had originally booked the Pullman in Sukhumvit but changed about 3 weeks before departure. We ended up at the Chatrium on the Riverside. It’s a fantastic hotel, has its own shuttle boat to the main pier, very easy to get around. Our room rate gave us a free upgrade to a suite which was great. Large double bedroom, good sized bathroom, separate lounge with kitchen area and sofa/bed. Can definitely recommend

Mrs71 Mon 29-Jul-19 12:01:10

Banyan tree Bangkok. Stayed there 3 years ago for 3 nights was amazing.

nornironrock Fri 02-Aug-19 15:56:34

The Landmark on Sukhumvit is a fantastic hotel - and form memory, the food was great also! As others have said, that street is very well placed.

chatwoo Sun 04-Aug-19 04:04:42

my MIL likes to stay at the Lebua, she always claims she gets 'a good deal' - however, I have no idea how much that actually is, in real money!

mysteryfairy Sun 04-Aug-19 17:44:16

Just to update we stayed in the Waldorf Astoria near Lumphini Park when we arrived, using up some Hilton points... The hotel is only a few months old so was immaculate. The area is quite sterile which actually suited me.

Before flying home we stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Sukhumvit again using points and a suite upgrade voucher to give us tons of unnecessary room. Again I think the hotel is newish so not worn round the edges yet and was nice enough. The area was possibly a bit gritty for me though DH preferred it.

So not very exciting choices as they did feel like work hotels, but didn't pay out any actual cash which is always nice!

TherealLadyMiche Fri 09-Aug-19 00:20:04

https://bangkok.amarahotels.com/

Great modern hotel with cool roof top bar and pool

ladybirdpoppy Sun 18-Aug-19 12:19:57

I stayed at Como Metropolitan hotel on my honeymoon years ago, amazing hotel next door to banyan tree. There is also the sukothai, feel of a private residence. I am staying at capella Bangkok in march, due to open in September, on the riverfront.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »