Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A question for Suzy Wong or other Perth MNetters.

(8 Posts)
bran Sun 29-Jul-07 14:41:53

We are going to ILs in Kuala Lumpur for Christmas this year (oh joy!) and we are thinking about spending a week in Perth as it's only 4-5 hrs away. We have some old friends who have just moved there from Wellington who have never met ds and it would be great to catch up with them.

The thing is, I don't get on well with heat, and combined heat and humidity really makes me feel ill. I loved Perth the last time we went, but that was Easter time so the weather was quite mild. Would it be madness for us to go there at New Year?

If we do go how easy would it be to rent a house/apartment with air conditioning somewhere by the sea near Perth, eg Freemantle/other town.

TIA.

bran Sun 29-Jul-07 18:12:21

I know I should work out the time difference and then bump, but I'm lazy so I'll just keep occasionally bumping and hope to strike lucky.

SweetyDarling Sun 29-Jul-07 18:19:19

Perth has v dry heat. Not humid (compared to East Coast anyway).

SweetyDarling Sun 29-Jul-07 18:22:31

Also, I doubt people who live in Perth have much call for renting holiday flats in Perth, so might not have much info. Try googling with .com.au on the end to get Aussie google.

bran Sun 29-Jul-07 18:33:49

A dry heat isn't so bad, I can probably just stay inside during the hotest part of the day.

There's a good chance that Perth people might know of good rentals, people often do if they have family/friends coming to visit for more than a couple of nights. We will probably be staying for about a week so we don't want to stay at our friends' house, so once we have visited they will know about the place that we end up staying IYSWIM.

I've had a bit of a browse online, and most of the places don't mention air conditioning. I'm not sure whether that's because they're not air conditioned or because air conditioning is so standard that it's understood (like flush toilets aren't mentioned, but I would be very surprise to rent a place that didn't have them).

bran Sun 29-Jul-07 23:14:34

Bumping for the antipodeans. I really must get to grips with the time difference.

SweetyDarling Mon 30-Jul-07 08:43:05

Fair enough - I think you'll find they are air conditioned, but if in doubt just email and ask. Def worth making sure, esp with a little one!
Cottesloe Beach is a great spot to try.
Also, after KL Perth will seem cool! In the heat of the day just stay in the shade and swim a lot. Make sure you have a full-body sun-suit for your DS, and a hat and sunnies if you can get him to wear them.

SweetyDarling Tue 31-Jul-07 08:48:06

Bump for Suzy Wong et al

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now